Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Busy as a Bumble Bee

As I wrote on Wednesday, I decided to paint my bathroom since I had four days off. As it turns out, I needed those days and then some because yellow does not cover walls as easily as one would think! I primed it, then painted two coats. Now, I need to remove the tape and do touch-ups because I can already see places I missed (hard to imagine that I missed spots considering I could hardly see in there it is SO bright...ha!) I've tried taking a bunch of pictures, but none of them show exactly how bright this yellow is. I have gotten "thumbs up" from a friend and from both of my parents, so I am breathing easier. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but hopefully with some decorating and navy accents it will be good :o) I thought "Bumble Bee" was a fun name for paint (I look at that when I choose my paint colors--my kitchen is Bordeaux, my living room Kiwi Kissed, my basement is Khaki Shorts, the trim in my guest room is Cameron's Eyes...) However, in looking at the paint strip this evening, Providence Gold would have worked too (considering I worked in Providence, RI for fifteen months!)...and would have been much easier on the eyes. But, it is what it is...and maybe mornings will be more fun when I am greeted with a bright bathroom...ha ha!






I made sure this didn't give a peek into how
unbelievably messy my bedroom is!



Even though my bathroom is a very small space, I have learned some lessons about painting in bathrooms: 1)Even if you clean before you start painting, and pull your hair back, it is still hard to keep hair from finding a place on the wall to stick to. 2) Ladders don't really fit in the bathtub. 3) Painting behind a toilet in a small space takes some acrobatic moves and long arms...neither of which I have, but being "vertically challenged" likely made laying on the ground easier.

I really wanted today off work (even though I JUST had four days off!) because I was invited to a bridal shower and a bachelorette party (both for the girl whose wedding I have to miss when I am at my cousin's Confirmation). I also was invited to be in a choir to sing for the elder sister in this photo who is turning 99. They were getting together this morning to practice (and I NEED practice since I'm NOT a soloist and have never sung with this choir). I also had a very hard time falling asleep last night since I had been staying up late/sleeping in all week long. But, someone called in sick so no one got the day off work. It actually was a good day. My student will be back with me tomorrow, so hopefully we have a good day :o)

Time for bed...good night!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails