Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, November 2, 2008

I made it...

barely :o) I made it through my third day in a row of working after being off for two weeks. Our census is REALLY low, but it doesn't get that way without a LITTLE work! In the three days I worked, I sent four patients home, got a post-op patient, had an admission, and transferred a patient from one side to the other. I administered two units of platelets. I did a bit of "chit-chatting". Things went pretty darn well, and I ALMOST wish I was working tomorrow to continue the fun (but, I have lunch plans and don't think they need an "extra" nurse considering at least one should get to have the day off!) Late this afternoon, for some reason, I blew a fuse. My blood was boiling and I was burning up from head to toe. Luckily, it wasn't busy, so I was able to sit for a while and take a "chill pill" (and a nice large glass of ice water!) It was so crazy that what this parent said/did got to me the way it did because normally I probably could have laughed it off. However, at that moment, like I said, it sent me through the roof. I suppose maybe it is good for everyone that I have two days off now :o)

This picture was posted on the patient's web site. It isn't THAT much better of a picture, but I think it is cute. She makes a cute little spiderman, with muscles and all :o) Today she "tatooed" me with a lady bug tatoo on my left arm...so fun!

I've had a sore throat the past couple days which is pretty annoying. I've been trying to drink extra water, and will be sure to get some extra rest the next two days (sleep is usually not a problem, especially when I have days off!) I don't really have any other symptoms, so it is probably related to the fact that I was traveling in different parts of the country, the weather has been changing, with temperatures varying quite a bit from day to day, and my sleep was kind of messed up last week. I just hope it doesn't turn into anything else, because patients in the hospital typically don't like it if their nurse sounds sick!

Well, that's about it for today :o) Good night!

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

It sounds to me like you are back on track and life is returning to normal for you. I hope your week is a great one and you are not getting sick. Not good for patients at all!!! Take care.

Laurie in Ca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails