Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Power of Suggestion

A friend of mine has had recent success losing weight/inches by using a particular product. It sounds like a really good plan, but I REALLY am not sure I have the willpower to do it. I have been thinking about it for a few weeks, though, and thought I was pretty close to just "going for it", or at least giving it a try! It is something I will have to work into my budget and with Christmas coming, I'm not sure when it will work out. But then I think maybe I should MAKE it work. I am still undecided, but it has been on my mind quite a bit.

So, then yesterday and today were pretty slow days at work. I could NOT stop eating! NOTHING seemed to make me feel full. I was hungry ALL the time! I ate cake, cookies, candy, crackers with peanut butter. I just finished some ice cream. I got up early today so I could go get a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha before work. I don't even KNOW what else (because that was just some of the stuff I ate in ADDITION to my meals!)

Just thinking about cutting back on calories and eating healthy turned me into a ravenous beast (in case someone "new" is reading this, there is zero chance of pregnancy, unless I missed that dream...just kidding :o) ). It was absolutely crazy (and a little annoying too!) I was drinking as much water as I could, but that only worked because I wasn't too busy to take the million bathrooom breaks that are required when one puts that much fluid into her body (I am not one of those nurses who can hold it all day, I can barely wait five minutes!)

Totally random, but that was my day...eat, eat, eat. Thankfully, I did get the one and only admission so I had a little work to do this evening. I worked with the nurse who probably annoys me the most of any of my co-workers along with one to can drive me crazy at times. So, I made a few trips to "the other side" (and VERY frequent trips to the bathroom!), enjoyed the visits from the charge nurse and was thankful for the nursing assistant who helped maintain a "buffer" so hopefully no one had their feelings hurt. I don't feel very kind saying those things, and it really shouldn't make me feel any better that "others" say things that are much more unkind than I did...but she is SO frustrating to work with! We all made it through, and I have tomorrow off :o)

My mom made potato soup, so I stopped by after work and ate with her. We had a nice visit, and the soup was yummy (plus it was already cooked for me!)

It may be another "early to bed" night. I felt pretty darn good this morning after getting that little extra bit of sleep last night :o) I was freezing cold all day long, which is CRAZY since I am usually hot at work. I'm freezing now too, but don't think I'll do anything with the thermostat since I have a few blankets in my bedroom.

Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails