I went and worked out this morning before going to lunch with a friend. She is about 25 weeks pregnant and it is SO great! She had a couple miscarriages this past year, so I have been praying a lot for this little one. So far everything is going well with her pregnancy, and we had a really nice visit.
After that, I went and bought a new cell phone. My old one was having some "issues" after being dropped a few too many times. The people at the store actually laughed at my phone (as they did before I bought this one!) because it is "so old" in the world of cell phones. I only use it to make phone calls and send text messages. I share a plan with my parents, and we do not pay for internet access. So, I didn't really need a phone with all the "bells and whistles", so almost bought another "plain Jane" kind of phone that wouldn't cost me much at all. However, I decided to "splurge" a little bit and do a little upgrade. Maybe one day I will convince my parents that I need to be able to access Google from my cell phone, but in the mean time, I am content just trying to figure out how to use the features I have :o)
That is NOT good! Um, a "little" broken... Nice upgrade :o)
Little did I know that would not be the only "expense" of the day! My cousin is having a bachelorette party on Saturday. The attire is "little black dress" and my sister and I are none too thrilled by that. I DO own a black dress that I haven't tried on in a long time, so am not sure if it still fits. My sister does not have a dress that is black. Neither of us really had the "extra funds" to purchase a dress for this occasion. But, it is our cousin, so we tried. I ended up finding one that was on sale for less than $40, and maybe I will be able to wear it again soon. We also had to get a gift (we did split the cost of that, but was still nearly $30 each).
Oh well, I guess it's "only money" and that's why I have a job, right?!
Tomorrow I am going to a retreat, and I'm REALLY excited about it! So, I'd better go check my laundry and head to bed.
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment