to be a REALLY crazy Monday! I was gearing up for it. I even started getting crabby about it. But, the craziness never really happened (for ME anyway...) It definitely was "a Monday" which typically includes trying to fix things that became "broken" over the weekend, or getting things moving again after the "weekend break" (because, you know, no one is ever sick in the hospital on the weekends!)
At one point of the day, there was a thought that all THREE of my patients would be leaving the hospital today. Yay for them, not so "yay" for me who would then be the nurse for the children who would take over their rooms after they left.
As it turned out, though, only ONE got to leave and that wasn't until after 4:00 (AFTER another nurse had already taken the only new patient we ended up getting today). There was a bit of communication difficulties surrounding the discharge of one of my other patients who should go home tomorrow. The other one had a mother who spent the day at home vomiting, so apparently wasn't QUITE ready to take her child home. Hopefully she is "cured" by tomorrow and that kid will leave too... (I know there are moms out there who have to take care of their children even when they are vomiting, but, you know, apparently this mom is "special"...just kidding because I understand it not being the ideal situation especially considering the needs of this particular child...)
I had my mom pick up a tree for me at a hardware store near her work during her lunch break. Someone had a Sunday paper and I noticed that they had (artificial) trees on sale for $40! I thought that was a good deal! I haven't decorated my house for Christmas in three years and wanted to buy a tree this year. I had no idea how much that cost, and am trying to budget a little bit better. However, I thought it would be nice to be a little more "festive" this year. I'm pretty excited about it...I think I will put it in my basement. I have a little tree that I will probably put in my living room. I have the next two days off, so maybe I will try and make my house look like Christmas is just around the corner :o)
I stayed in bed until the latest possible time this morning. Even with the extra few minutes, I am still feeling pretty tired and it is barely 10:30! I think I need to take my car in for a little winter "check up" tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll have to wake up early to call and see if that will work for them. I believe I may need new tires which kind of stinks. My car is five years old, but has less than 27000 miles on it...so, I'll have to find out if it is age or miles that determines the need for new tires :o)
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment