That's what I feel like I did all day. Good thing I like to talk, right?! :o)
I started the day with a meeting at work. I am the chairperson, so am the "meeting leader"...that requires a lot of talking :o) The person who insists on arguing about everything, even if she is agreeing with you was not there, so it made for a MUCH less stressful meeting. One person even said when the meeting was over that her heart rate and blood pressure were still within normal limits...not usually the case when the other individual is present!
Then, I stayed at the hospital and visited with a friend for nearly an hour and a half. I am SO blessed to have her as a friend! Hopefully she will be able to get closer to home soon (which happens to be far away from here...), even though I'll definitely miss talking to her.
After THAT, I went down a couple floors and visited my sister's friend who is in the hospital. She is nearly 25 weeks pregnant with her first baby and is on bed rest (with bathroom privileges!) They are hoping she will be able to make it to 32 weeks. She is in good spirits, even though her husband hasn't been able to visit for a few days since he has been sick. Her mom was there, and I stayed for about an hour. Praying for that little one...I have seen kiddos who have had complications from being born too early and it is not easy. Luckily, she is in an excellent hospital (if I do say so myself!) and has lots of support from family and friends.
I finally got something to eat when I finally got home around 3:00. I threw in some laundry, then ran some errands. I talked to a few people on my errands (the employees at Fashion Bug know me VERY well, I ran into people from church at the book store, and had to talk to the guy at the coffee shop so I could get my mocha :o) ).
Tonight, I had choir practice, but we did so some talking as well as doing a bit of singing. I'm looking forward to actually being able to sing with the choir on Sunday at church!
My parents had a late dinner, so I joined them. And, yes we did a bit of talking. I text messaged with a friend, which isn't EXACTLY talking, but kind of like talking...well, maybe it IS talking since that's how lots of people communicate with each other...
Anyway, lots of talking, not a lot of anything else. Talking is fun. I like to talk...yet, somehow I also enjoy living by myself and being able to choose not to talk to anyone :o)
Back to work tomorrow...I'm sure there will be some talking involved then as well. I'd better rest my mouth :o)
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment