So, I became a "blogger" back in May, eight months ago, with this post . At the time, I had no idea where this blog would take me. I'm still not sure.
I received my first comment, after this post back in June. I have gotten a grand total of EIGHT comments since then. That's kind of crazy, since some of the blogs I read have gotten more than a hundred comments on a single posting. I am definitely okay to not have THAT many people commenting on my life, but it would be interesting to me to know if anyone actually reads what I write.
I posted the lyrics to one of my favorite inspiring songs later in June, remembering some of my patients that had passed away. "Borrowed Angels" is still a song I feel like sharing with EVERYONE who has lost a child because it has a very positive message.
In October, I posed the question if I was ready to pursue motherhood . I still have a lot of thinking to do, but today I received a letter that begins "Dear Foster Parent Applicant, I am pleased to inform you that you have been approved to register for the foster parent pre-service training classes..." I should start classes in March or April.
More than once, I have blogged about organ donation, including here and here . This issue is a HUGE part of my work, and my life.
To this point, 54 of my posts have been labeled work which I guess means that is pretty much where my life is focused. That also is one of the main reasons that this remains a somewhat "anonymous blog". I do love my job, which is what most of those posts are about. However, sometimes you just have to vent, and journaling helps me do that. It would be awful if someone misread my venting and was hurt by my words. I LOVE my job and want to continue working at my current place of employment! Just "FYI" for trivia purposes, to this point, the labels of blessed (29), family (26), and friends (22) are the next three after "random" which really is a label for most everything I write.
I decided that I have been a little too vocal in deciding which patient(s) I want to take care of. I don't want THAT reputation (balance is a VERY good thing!). So, I have decided that tomorrow I will get to work shortly before the shift starts and take whatever patients are given to me. While that may be a little disappointing for the parents of my one patient to hear, eventually he will get to leave the hospital. When that happens, I still have to work with the other nurses on my floor. If I burn bridges now, it will be difficult to rebuild. That is "my" plan. I suppose if God's plan includes me taking care of the patients I had yesterday, than that is fine with me. If not, then hopefully I can make someone else's day :o)
It is a bit odd to do this kind of reflecting back at different posts I have written, but I didn't do much today that constituted journaling about. I took a long bath and watched TV. I DID meet my family for lunch, and ate dinner with my parents. I started to create a "playlist" of some of my favorite songs to include on this blog, but decided today wasn't the day (no one even comes to read what I write and I can listen to my favorite music without being logged into my blog!) Whoo-hoo, exciting times! Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment