Yesterday and today, I decided not to set my alarm clock to see if I really need this much sleep. I'm not sure if it was a very good "test", but yesterday I really didn't wake up for the first time until about 9:00 even though I was in bed by 10:30. I eventually rolled out of bed at 10:00 or so. I did a few things, but mostly spent the day laying around doing nothing. That seems to be pretty much my "routine" when I have a day off. Somehow I do not think that it is 100% healthy. I suppose I have been a tiny bit more "active" today and left the house a couple of times and maybe yesterday was just because I was "recovering" from working three days in a row. I'm not sure how long I can continue to make excuses for myself, but at least keeping a journal will help if I decide to see if there is any "trend" to the ups and downs.
I did cook for the fourth time in a week yesterday and made a pretty tasty soup from one of my new cookbooks. Eating more healthy definitely will not hurt me, and I was happy to find out this morning that I lost some "inches" this past month, even though my weight is unchanged.
Yesterday, I made a "spur of the moment" decision to go on vacation with my Grandma next month. I thought she was going to pay for my plane ticket, and am hoping that is still the case, otherwise it will be a lot less fun. I have been a bit stressed out about my finances recently, and a vacation was definitely not in the budget! We will be going to visit some relatives in California, where it is MUCH warmer than it is here! I also hope to see a friend I have not seen in nearly seven years. I am sure California in the winter time will do my mood some good (especially if it is a "free" vacation!).
Well, I suppose I should try and be productive today. I have quite a bit of organizing to do, laundry to put away, dishes to do, dinner to cook...what would I do if it was more than "Just Me"?! I guess I won't have to find out any time soon (I just got a call from the Foster Parent Association and it will be about 8 weeks until my background check and references are done and then the classes are another 8-12 weeks, I think).
Yummy soup recipe :o) I used a little bit more vegetables, a little more broth, a little more peanut butter, and a hand blender to puree.
Creamy Peanut Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 medium all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 medium celery stalk, sliced
3 ½ cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup sour cream
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Stir in potatoes, carrots, and celery, then add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and cayenne. Transfer in 2 batches to a food processor or blender, cover, and puree until smooth.
3. Return soup to pan and cook until heated through (do not boil). Ladle into bowls and swirl a spoonful of sour cream into each serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment