Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, January 7, 2008

Create your own therapy

I have nothing against therapy and medication if it is necessary. I do not think that it is necessary for me, so am doing what I can to "fix myself". Obviously, my methods are not always successful at preventing "major issues", but I'm trying!

So, I got up this morning (earlier than I have been...rolled out of bed by 9:15!) and worked out at Curves . I made an appointment to get my carpets cleaned on Wednesday, something I have been wanting to get done for over a year. I took a LONG, relaxing bath while listening to my favorite music with a candle burning (Christmas Cookie scented in honor of a special acquaintance). Seeing as it was a BALMY 40 degrees here in the middle of winter, I decided to sit outside for a while. I sat on my front steps for about an hour. I only wrote three "Christmas Cards", but that's better than none, I guess! I couldn't do much else outside since it was pretty wet and there is still some snow on the ground, so I just sat and soaked in the sunshine, and all the benefits of light (just in case "winter blues" was part of my problem!). I took a walk to the Post Office and grocery store. I started clearing out the rooms that will have the carpets cleaned, but have a lot more of that to do tomorrow. It was a GREAT relaxing day!

This evening, I went with my dad to watch one of his basketball teams play. He is coaching two 8th grade girls teams and neither of them is very good. I keep score whenever I can attend the games. Tonight, his "better" team agreed to play a team in the higher division for "fun". Luckily, the other coach was nice and took it easy on my dad's team. The score was 0-22 at halftime, but they could have had at least 50 points! His team DID do some good things, and had fun, so he was happy and it was good for a laugh.

Finally, one of my FAVORITE shows came back tonight!! I'm SO excited for the new season of Medium ! That, along with the new seasons of The Biggest Loser and The Apprentice, I'm going to have to start working out while I watch TV or I'm going to GAIN weight in the new year rather than lose some!

Overall, I'm happy with the way the past two days have gone. I'm hoping that I'm over the "hump" and don't experience anything like last week for a LONG time! My hormones can be a little crazy, so I'm sure to have some issues at times, but I can't believe it came to that. Anyway, I think I'm "on the mend"--yay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails