Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thinking about Angels

I have been in a great mood recently and am still happy, but have been thinking a lot about "my" angels. As a pediatric nurse, especially one who works with a lot of chronically ill children, death is inevitable. Because the kids spent so much time with us, I find myself having great relationships with them and their families. This has worked for me because I have a wonderful support system and have come to realize that each day is a gift, and part of my job is help make special memories. Each of these kids taught me something, and now they are some of the many angels I have watching over me. I think about their parents, how they must miss their babies SO much, and how many sacrifices they made to give their kids the best life possible. This is not supposed to be a sad post, but to help remind me that what I do means something and that I can make a difference every day. Plus, I have been wanting to share some lyrics to a song I found called "Borrrowed Angels" sung by Kristin Chenoweth. I think it is very appropriate.

They shine a little brighter, they feel a little more
They touch your life in ways no one has ever done before
They love a little stronger, they live to give their best
They make our lives so blest, so why do they go so soon?
The ones with souls so beautiful I heard someone say--
There must be Borrowed Angels, here in this life
They come along, into this world, and make this world bright
But they can't stay forever Cause they're heaven sent
And sometimes, heaven needs them back again
They reach a little deeper,
they see what's in your soul
And even when they leave you know,
you'll never let them go
The world's a little richer, just cause they came along
Their love goes on and on, so why do they go so soon?
The ones with souls so beautiful.
I heard someone say--
They must be Borrowed Angels, here in this life
They come along, into this world, and make this world bright
They can't stay forever, cause they're heaven sent
And sometimes, heaven needs them back again
How else can you explain why they're here and not here to stay?
I believe there must be, must be Borrowed Angels, here in this life
They come along, into this world, and make this world bright
But they can't stay forever, cause there heaven sent
And sometimes heaven needs them back again.
And sometimes heaven needs them back again.

I thank these parents for sharing their special angels with me. Some of them I knew for a couple months, others for a couple of years, but each of them has touched me in a way I will never forget. I am blessed for having been touched by them (and by the others whose pictures I only have in my heart and mind).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails