It was hard getting out of bed since I was nice and cozy, and for some reason my bedroom seems like the coldest room in the house! I did manage to make it to an 11:15 brunch with a friend :o) I met her when I was doing supervised visits. She brought her two kids. One she and her husband adopted from foster care, and the other is still their foster child. The little one was sleeping when they arrived, so I tried my hand at eating while holding a sleeping child (she is almost 2, but small for her age). I actually did pretty well, and only dripped a little bit of egg yolk on her (oops!)! I am very blessed to have this woman as a new friend! She knows a lot about "the system" and will be a WONDERFUL resource person for me once I get my foster parent license. It will be great to have her to talk to during this "waiting time" as well, because I DO have a lot of thinking to do before I have to "state my case" as to why I want to do this, and why I think I would be good at it!
We got more snow overnight, but it didn't feel TOO terribly cold when I was shoveling my driveway. However, by the time I was coming home from running errands this afternoon, it felt VERY cold! I turned on the 4:00 news and discovered that tonight is to be the coldest night we have had this winter. Hip, hip, hurray! In the morning when I leave for work, the temperature is supposed to be "zero", but "feel like" negative 12. I suppose that calls for a prayer of thanksgiving that I can afford heat, do not work outside, and can park in my attached garage, among other things! (My dad is a mailman...he HATES it when it is this cold, for good reason!!).
So, it seems like it would be a good day just to stay inside, and curl up on the couch with some hot chocolate and a movie or a book. However, this is THE NIGHT that I actually have something SOCIAL planned! A group of young adults from my church is going to order a pizza, have snacks, and play some games. I have been looking forward to this for over a month! It's only a few blocks away, and it isn't like there is a foot of snow on the ground or a blizzard going on, so I'll be fine! In the meantime, I just finished my hot chocolate and am ready to take a little nap (even though I TOTALLY should be cleaning up my living room, or sorting through stuff in my office, or writing letters to my out-of-state friends, or a number of other things!).
Looking forward to spring, but the snow is pretty :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment