Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, September 21, 2009

One of "Those" Days

I should have been "well-rested" when I got up this morning since I went to bed at a fairly decent hour and didn't have to get up at an "un-decent" hour. However, right now I feel like I could go to bed and sleep through the night. I am feeling sort of nauseous, but have been "on the brink of tears" or crying ALL DAY LONG. One of "those" days I guess...

I didn't feel badly when I woke up, but by the time I was doing my hair after my shower, the tears began. My first inkling it may just be one of "those" days I guess. The song I used for this slide show came on my iPod and the tears filled my eyes. What the heck! Well, maybe I was feeling a little sentimental and missing my friends...maybe there is hope for a "normal" day...maybe.

I got tears in my eyes again at some song I can't even remember as I was driving to my appointment with the counselor. Seriously, now, what the heck is this all about!

Of course there were tears throughout my session...that will be a post for "later", but at least those tears seemed to have some sort of "purpose".

Today is my sister's birthday and I had lunch with her, my mom, two aunts, and a cousin. I felt kind of "eh" during lunch, but at least there were no tears.

After lunch, I went with my mom and sister for pedicures. They got theirs first while I did a little reading, and visited. I was sitting there in the chair and kept having to wipe away tears that came out of no where. Seriously, in the SALON...for real, what is the deal?!

I did enjoy my pedicure, that's for sure (it's always nice to get a pedicure from someone who speaks English every once in a while!) But, I still felt a bit nauseous and teared up AGAIN when I was saying good-bye to my mom (until dinner time...busy day!) I told her I didn't feel well, but also shared that I had started seeing a counselor (kind of slid that right in...)

I have some things to do before dinner including going to the bank, calling my credit card company to let them know I'll be using it out of the country, and doing some laundry (and maybe some packing)

I guess I'm writing this with the hopes that this crazy "random" falling of the tears stops, or at least takes a nice long break, during dinner with the family. Explaining these tears would not be an easy task, considering I am not exactly sure what the deal is.

One of "those" days...at least it is cloudy/rainy and chilly, so maybe it is "the weather"...

Alright...off to run some errands just in case I end up having to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

What was your mother's response about you seeing a counselor? I sincerely hope she was supportive of it. Since today was your last free session, have you decided whether you're going to keep going or not? I am here for you, girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails