I picked up today as "bonus" which is an extra $10/hr plus time and half for anything over 40 hours which also helped me not dread going. I was the only one not working three days in a row, so pretty much took the "clearance kids" as one of the nurses likes to call the patients that are not snapped right up (although, I DID speak up and say that if I was going to take one particular patient, then I wanted to "pick" my other one).
I was actually kind of forgetful this morning and didn't realize until the afternoon that I had forgotten to chart on one of my TWO patients. WOW, I am glad that I didn't try to work yesterday, AND glad that I didn't have that busy of patients!
Besides forgetting a couple things, the day actually went the best way possible. Even though I was tired, I was able to keep going and manage everything without any stress or tears. I didn't have to take any new patients. Only one of my two patients' families was the least bit emotionally draining and the other one wasn't AT ALL. I worked with great people. THEY didn't have a crazy day.
So, much better than I expected...and probably the BEST it could have been considering.
After work, I went to my mom and dad's. They were baby-sitting my nephew, both sets of grandparents were there, as well as two of my aunts, one of whom is in town for the weekend. I got lots of snuggly nephew time and also got to visit with my aunt (the one who was my "mom" when I was in college since she lived nearby).
Tomorrow, my mom is hosting a birthday party for my dad. I actually still haven't gotten him a gift and need to make sure I have a card...oops! They are expecting about 100 people. Usually I LOVE these kinds of gatherings because chit-chatting is what I do. My parents have great friends and have lived in the neighborhood for over 20 years. So, I will know everyone and typically make a point to talk to as many people as possible :o) Hopefully, that usually and typically are unnecessary, but I'm a little nervous about being in a large group of people after this emotional week. I mean, I'm all about being honest, but I am definitely going to try with all my might not to mention what REALLY went on this week. However, I guess the honest answer really IS that I am happy, things are going VERY well with me...I love my job, my house is nice, I have been doing a lot of traveling and have more vacations planned, being an aunt is lots of fun...
Phew...I think I will be okay if I just be my honest self!
Well, my family is going to church at 9, so I probably should make an effort to go with them. The choir sings at 11, which would be my "preferred" time, but it isn't often that I can go with family (it actually hasn't been often that I have been able to go AT ALL which I am sure has not helped things!)
Maybe I should start my "homework" before I go to bed though...it's a long book!
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment