My left arm is achy from where I got my flu shot.
My neck, back, and shoulders are achy from painting.
My thighs, knees, calves, shins, ankles, and feet are achy from painting, standing all through my dad's party, and multiple days of running all over the place at work the past few days (Saturday, yesterday, and today)
Hard to believe it wasn't long ago that I sat on my couch and did NOTHING often more than once a week. Oh how much I want one of those days SOON! I could even go for a PARTIAL day like that!
My floors are getting installed tomorrow. I will need to paint after they move the fridge away from the wall, but I REALLY hope the third coat I put on tonight was enough because I'm not sure where the energy for a fourth would come from! I am excited about the floors and KNOW the room will look great when it is done, but it sure was a lot of work and I'm thinking my plan to paint the living room will have to wait a little while!
I am meeting with the counselor on Friday and I haven't begun to read the book she told me to read. She also suggested I take a few moments each day to "clear my mind" and I'm not sure I did very well at that homework either. I'm also planning to read the book for the "Bloom" book club (I just posted the button on my blog this evening). I am not sure how active of a participant I will be, but I'd definitely like to be able to read what others are saying. I haven't checked to see what book my work book club is reading for this month (still only half way through the book that was discussed this month) and it would be fun to join in that conversation.
Well, this is earlier than I went to bed the past two nights when I had to get up at 6:00 the next morning, so maybe some of the aches will be gone by the time I have to get up. I'm definitely thinking I'll have to make a coffee run and hope the floor installers will give me enough heads up so I can do that before they arrive (since I'm going to have to paint quickly while they work...hopefully they will be okay with that!)
My friend texted me at 5:45 this morning to say her son would be in surgery for another couple of hours. I heard he had some problems with bleeding, but last I heard he was "stable". I had to send one of my patients to the intensive care unit this afternoon when he decided to not breathe very well for me. I tried to manage things myself for a little while since my phone wouldn't work to call anyone and I didn't want to press the "code blue" button (the other nurses said I should have yelled for help, but I'm not really a "yeller" and am not sure I realized how serious the situation was). Everything happened the way it was supposed to after the help arrived so that is good. Made for a crazy afternoon, that's for sure.
Time to sleep...I am also super behind on reading blogs too, but keep reminding myself that a reprieve from all this working is "almost here"!
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment