Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, September 24, 2009

She's a Big Girl

So, I probably should have saved my "venting" about last night for here, but I did some today as well. I went to bed shortly after posting last night, around 1:15. I quickly fell asleep after the traveling and amount of alcohol consumption. I woke up when my "roommate" returned to the room at 2:15. She ordered a pizza and then fell fast asleep. The pizza arrived at 3:00 and the pounding on the door didn't wake her up, nor did my request for her to get her money. So, I paid the pizza guy, made another attempt to wake her up, left the pizza on the bedside table and went back to sleep. Somehow I woke up at 6:15 which was great since breakfast started at 7:30 (and she wanted to get up at 6:30). I made several attempts to wake her up, but then decided she was a big girl and could get up when/if she wanted. She made it to the conference in time for the 10:00 speaker and basically said that was her plan...oh well. I spent a lot of the day away from her which wasn't completely intentional, but probably a good idea seeing as she is still my boss (see yesterday's post :o) )

Somehow I went all day on that little sleep and no nap. It was a good day, and I do think I got some new and good information.

Tonight, I went to my first NHL game, only my second ever hockey game. I went with one of the other nurses who loves hockey. We saw Boston play the Montreal team and it went into a shoot-out so that was extra exciting!! Pictures to come...too bad I forgot to bring my camera charger and I have no idea how many more pictures I can take before it dies :o(

Not sure how I got a "second wind", but it is nearly 1:00 and tomorrow is another full day of workshops/speakers. So, I should get some sleep. Another day of missing my 30-day Shred...we did walk to the hockey arena though!

Good night from Canada...hope my roommate doesn't snore...I didn't notice last night!

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

I would have been really annoyed with the pizza thing if I were in your shoes. I hope she reimburses you for it! Does she even remember ordering it?!

I am glad youre having a great time otherwise! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails