It is a little more than 30 days until I turn 30 (my countdown says one month and five days). However, I purchased the 30 Day Shred DVD after Kristy told me about it and did my first workout today. I will be out of town six of the days between now and my thirtieth birthday, so I wanted to give myself a little bit "room" to miss those days (however, in order to actually complete 30 workouts in the days before my 30th birthday, I will not be able to miss any...even then, I may end up being a day short, but I am too tired to figure that out!) I didn't use hand weights today (I don't have any actually), but I still worked up a sweat. Not sure if I will be one of the ones who lose 20 pounds in 30 days since I'm thinking that would require some kind of diet modification, but I'm definitely hoping to be healthier and more fit.
I am proud of my sister--today she and my mom took my nephew on a (very short) walk outside (as far as I know this is the first time she has ever done that). She also met me at Babies R Us with him, and we went to Once Upon a Child. She "couldn't" go to Target since I couldn't go with her, but at least we hit two stores. He was a little fussy, but I imagine that is something that comes when you do things that are unfamiliar to you like riding around a store in your car seat. However, I must say that I am proud of her, and remember that "baby steps" are okay for her, if "baby steps" are okay for me and my "non-dating" (I really should post the email I sent to a couple friends about my "non-date" because apparently it was pretty funny...I will have to see if I can edit it and post at some point.)
Speaking of...I did call "J" and left a voice mail saying that I had fun on Tuesday and look forward to hanging out with him again when I get back from Montreal. I didn't think that mentioning my "issues" with dating in a voice mail. I also have been emailing "A", the floor guy...that makes me laugh.
I put some fun packages in the mail today. That made for a fun afternoon getting them all ready. I can't stop laughing about one of them because it is a birthday present to a "grown up" and I used the rest of the wrapping paper from wrapping the gift for the three-year-old yesterday (it maybe is even more appropriate for a baby gift than a 3-year-old!). It is totally cracking me up, plus I found a really funny card. Too bad I will be out-of-town when it reaches its destination, but I will probably still be laughing about it.
It was nice to have a semi-vegging out day. At 8:00 when I was finishing dinner, it felt SO late. I totally could have gone to bed at 9, but now it is 10 and I am seriously shutting off the light and going to bed as soon as I am done typing. My house is still a bit of a disaster, but that really isn't anything new, so I'm not sure why I always make a point to say that! I have yet to use the kitchen for cooking and somehow my table has more piles of papers on it than it did BEFORE I started painting. I found out that using my cell phone in Canada would cost 59 cents a minute. I'm not sure how much text messages would cost, but I'm sure they are not included in the "unlimited" package. It is going to be SO weird not having my phone with me all the time (I think I need to buy phone cards!), but I think that I do not want to find out what kind of bill I would get if I used it as I use it now. I will have my new netbook so will have to be a blogger, facebooker, and emailer more than a texter and talker.
I can't wait for my trip out of the country, but I have to work, and work A LOT before I go! I work the next three days, then have a TON of plans on Monday which is my sister's birthday, and then work on Tuesday before leaving Wednesday. This daily blogging seems to be helping as part of my "therapy", but I suppose if I need to choose between "blogging" or doing my "30 day shred DVD", I'm thinking I should choose the workout ;o)
Good night!

1 comment:
I have heard so much about the shred. Gotta let me know how that goes for you! I'm trying to get to the Burst training....
Post a Comment