So, after sleeping for like 10 hours, I called the employee assistance program. The woman there was very nice and found a therapist who would see me this afternoon. As it turns out, she words part-time for that company, and part-time for a place that works with grieving children. Coincidence?! Yeah, right!
She was very nice and I talked almost non-stop for an hour (shocking, right?!) It was a very productive discussion and she gave me some "homework", including a book suggestion and asking me to take a few minutes of quiet time each day to clear my mind and get in touch with myself. I did go and buy the book, but flipping through it, I'm not sure I want to know what it says...even though I am sure it will help!
Much more to come on this in my "road to recovery", but I am feeling quite a bit better. Back to work tomorrow, but then I have two days off. My mom is hosting a birthday party for my dad on Sunday (a "double nickel" party for his 55th birthday!) and my aunt who lives in Tennessee will be here this weekend. So, I have some things to look forward to, and have another appointment next Friday morning.
I saw one of my best friends from high school this afternoon and she asked me to be her baby's Godmother. I am very honored that she asked me...unfortunately, I am scheduled to work the day of the Baptism, so hopefully I can find someone to work for me. She said it wasn't "that big of a deal" if I couldn't come, but I really think it IS a big deal!
Well, it is nearly midnight and my alarm will be going off at 5:30, so I'd better go to sleep...
Good night.
2 comments:
Amanda, I am so glad you are going to talk to someone. It helped me tremendously (quite a few times) when I needed someone to just vent to. I am praying for you; please let me know if you ever want to just talk - I am not a qualified therapist, but I do have a good set of ears!!
I hope you can find someone to work for you so you can go to the baptism! :)
Post a Comment