Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, October 24, 2008

Welcome to Southern California






POTENTIAL "Alternative Title" being Good-bye Wine, Hello Tequila (and yes, I was hoping that tequila would be my friend today AND tomorrow!)



I'm not really sure many words are needed...aren't those pictures BEAUTIFUL! (Yep, that's me on the pier and on the bench! My friend did a GREAT job, didn't she?!)
I was scared out of my mind the whole drive from St. Helena to Sacramento worrying that I was going to get lost and miss my plane (reminder that, to make matters worse, I REALLY don't like to drive, and DEFINITELY am not used to driving long distances!) The car and I made it there in one piece with just enough time to buy a partially cooked cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee before my flight. My Southern California friend picked me up at the airport and we had an AWESOME day! After getting massages, she brought me to the beach (and, as mentioned above, to a place where they had 2-for-1 happy hour margaritas and I drank mine as well as one of hers...a friend asked me to have a drink for her, so I HAD to be a good friend, right?! :o) ) Her mom cooked us a FANTASTIC dinner (I don't think I will want to eat in a Chinese restaurant for a VERY long time after that!) and then she brought me to my aunt and uncle's house.
Well, it's pretty late and we have "beach plans" tomorrow, so I'd better get some sleep. I have been checking in on my "A-team girl" and her family while I have been away and they could use some extra prayers tonight. Her mom is really struggling and I know she would appreciate prayers. Little "E" is holding her own, but she and her family could still use prayers as well. (In case anyone is wondering, I have NOT checked my work email even ONE time since I left work last Friday...just been checking in on a few of my special friends so I know how to direct my prayers :o) )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails