Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am NOT getting sick!

I CANNOT get sick! I am leaving for vacation in less than 40 hours. While there is NO good time to be sick, this is REALLY not a good time. So, I am telling myself I am not getting sick, and hope that works (along with a little extra Vitamin C...my mom also said something about getting some "rest", but seeing as it is after 10 and I am not ready for bed yet, I don't see an early bedtime in my future tonight!).

This morning, I started with a "tickle" in my throat that sort of developed into a "frog". Then I started coughing like crazy (choking on my own saliva for some reason was my excuse :o) ) for a short period of time. Then, that all went away and I felt SO HOT. I'm a really "hot blooded person" and the temperature changed here quite a bit, so the hospital probably switched over to heat already. I refused to take my temperature...I didn't want to know (plus, I really DIDN'T feel sick, just annoyed at the possibility that I could potentially be getting some sort of cold)

Getting a flu shot this morning probably wasn't my most brilliant idea. However, I WILL be going on an airplane (or two or five) and be breathing different air. So, maybe it wasn't a TERRIBLE idea either.

Well, I suppose I should either be doing some packing or heading to bed. Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails