After my work out, I went and got a coffee at the local coffee shop and drove home. (I got a message on my voice mail that made me laugh...Recall that a few weeks ago, I received a "random phone call" from a lady telling me she heard I was a good baby-sitter. Then, a week later, I met the "random woman" and her adorable 4-year-old son. Apparently, THAT random woman told ANOTHER woman that I would be a good baby-sitter and gave her my phone number (mind you, I've never baby-sat for the 4-year-old yet!). This woman has four children (I didn't actually talk to her, just got her voice mail). So, I guess my name is out there as a "baby-sitter"...now, what's the going rate for a "baby-sitter", especially one who also has a nursing license?! I do love kids and there are many kids I'd take care of for free, but it will have to be worth my time, right?! (Or, as many would think, time is all you have when you only work three days a week and have no responsibilities!). Anyway, I thought that was pretty funny...I left her a message telling her I'd call her when I get back home.
So, when my friend got out of class, we headed to Frog's Leap Vineyard for a tour and tasting. This was REALLY cool and it is a nice vineyard for tours. Our "tour guide" was really nice and we got to tour the garden, grounds, and learned a little about the wine making process. Since it was mostly an outdoor tour, they gave us hats to wear (there was sun screen available too, but I decided a little color would be okay!)
Pasture...some day they will have a cow and make cheese.
"Barrel Room" where the wine ages.
"Fermenting room" where wine ferments (go figure!) :o)
After the vineyard tour, we walked around some shops in Yountville. Then, we had dinner at Taylor's Automatic Refresher (Of COURSE I had to eat a gigantic hamburger with fries and drink a gigantic milkshake before watching "The Biggest Loser"...why would this week be any different?!)
Back to watching "The Biggest Loser"...I'm going to see if I can figure out how to schedule my birthday post to "appear" early in the morning...that would be fun :o) Good night from California!
No comments:
Post a Comment