Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Vacation Day One

This morning I was thinking about what I would have to write tonight as I was packing for my trip (so, I may have a "blogging issue"...I think I already knew that!). I realized that some people in this world never leave their village, town, or city. Many people have never have been on an airplane, and will never have that opportunity. And yet, I was able to travel halfway across the country to spent time with family and friends just to celebrate my birthday and "hang out". And this is DEFINITELY not the first time I have been able to take a vacation and travel. I feel SO blessed to be able to do this, especially when I actually sat down and thought about what a "big deal" it really is (one of those things I would typically take for granted, but am in the process of learning I should not take ANYTHING for granted!) Of course, I was ALSO blessed enough to have had a free plane ticket, and places to stay which cut the cost of a vacation down TREMENDOUSLY!

My connecting flight was a little delayed, but I made it to Sacramento in pretty good time. My friend was there to meet me and we made our way back to where she is currently living :o) My first culinary experience was at Cindy's where I had my first Ceviche (yum!) and got my first lesson in wine tasting. I'm not used to "fine dining", so it was pretty darn funny if I do say so myself.


Well, it is after Midnight LOCAL time, so quite a bit later "body time" so I should get to bed. We have a busy day planned for tomorrow.

Good night from California!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I'm so excited for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are, indeed, only 29 once. Enjoy, enjoy.

Marcie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails