Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, May 21, 2010

Watch Your Wishes

So, how many times have I said I missed work, how I really wanted to go back to work, how I NEEDED to go back to work?! Well, I definitely had to fight off the complaints today because I was EXTREMELY close to saying that I REALLY wanted to be at home! My days of staying up late caught up to me me and I am POOPED! My neck also still hurts which is really annoying (I AM getting a pedicure in the morning, so hopefully they have a massage chair that can at least do a LITTLE something with that!) It honestly shouldn't have been a bad day since I didn't have a "full load" of patients. However, my new patient came right at the time I wanted to eat lunch and my other patient had stuff that needed to be done. Needless to say, as hard as I tried to tell myself differently, I still found that having a 3:30 lunch is "really crappy". I actually felt awful by that point since I was tired and hungry and crabby and a little stressed...and reminding myself that I wanted/needed to work and that I do love my job.

I should be in bed asleep, but have been doing a little bit of catching up on twitter and blogs and some DVR shows (and having a green apple smirnoff :) ) But, my drink is almost finished and I'm fading fast, so should go to bed. I signed up for some extra shifts, but am not sure if I will get them. However, if I DO, then I'll need to get some sleep in order to function during them!

Pedicure in the morning...theme party at night...(Crazy pants or No pants...that will be interesting!) These are the same people who had the party to honor pizza delivery drivers...crazy folks, but fun party (have to work on Sunday, so not LATE partying, but good times :) )

Even though I got crabby and hungry and tired, I still love my job...and wishing to go back there is okay :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails