I won't say that I'm "over" yesterday, but there definitely were less tears today. I'm guessing there will be more to come as the effects of all these days off make their presence known in a bigger way. Anyway, today was a good day and I am thankful for that.
This morning, I sang at a program for a 99th birthday. The last time I saw this Sister was on this day and she (along with everyone else) was really sad. Sr. C. was in charge of music for many, many years and directed this choir of alums for over 25 years. This was my first time singing in a program with them and was happy to accept the invitation. We sang a Sound of Music Medley, The Rose (love that song), a medley of school "spirit songs", and a section of songs to honor Mary. As she sat in her wheelchair front and center, she directed us and it was SO cute. When the program was finished, she took the microphone and told us a story of when she got her first pair of black gloves as a child and that was her best birthday besides this (except for that was actually a Christmas present...it was sweet listening to her share this memory). I had to remind her who I was, which I didn't have to do back in January when I visited. However, she seemed to remember everyone else which is awesome for 99! (I didn't spend NEARLY as much time with her as they did, so it makes sense to me...plus there were a ton of people and I'm sure her brain was a little tired from all the excitement!) I got a nice picture with her as well as one with the whole group, so that made it extra special.
After that, I met up with my "friend from Curves" who no longer works there. She gets together with women from there once a month for lunch. I didn't get to go last month since I was out of town, so was glad to get to go this month. We had a nice time, although I ate a burger, fries, onion rings, and had an oreo shake, so I'm not doing THAT great in my attempts to eat better.
I ended up taking a pretty long nap after that because I felt super tired. I'm not sure what's up with that, but not getting a nap tomorrow could be a challenge...ha! I can't believe I am so excited to go back to work! It isn't just the money, though, I seriously miss the people. (I should have a super clean and organized house with the amount of time I have been home, but I don't...although I threw away a bunch of stuff this week!) I miss my boss, I miss the "multi-disciplinary team", I miss my patients/families, I even miss my co-workers. (I ought to find some way to "star" this post so I don't forget that!)
I'm thankful that today was a better day for me, but poor Kelly had a rough day with some unkind person creating fake twitter/email accounts and sending awful messages to her friends/followers. Some people have too much time on their hands! It did give me the opportunity to exchange a couple emails with her, but it would have been great to do that under different circumstances!
I went to Mass tonight since I work tomorrow and that was nice (I actually wore two different skirts today...shocking!)
Well, I suppose I should go to bed since I WILL actually need to get up early...and best not be complaining about the 5:30 alarm! :)
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment