Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, May 31, 2010

Slide Show Repeat

After I returned from Chicago, I created a slide show of pictures from my trip. I'm not exactly technologically savvy, so was rather proud of how it turned out. I can't tell you how many times I have watched it (I even watched it on Friday in between packing!) I'll actually re-post part of the original post from June 11, 2009. (I had technological difficulties while posting it and am still not sure if everyone who wanted to see it could see it...if it's something that you want to see and you can't, let me know! :) )

Worth the Wait? (Originally posted June 11, 2009)
Yes, I realize that it is 2:30 in the morning, but I have been working on my pictures from my trip for days and it is finally ready. It was "approved" by Ginger and she "requested" I post it "sooner rather than later". So, here you go! There is music, so if you are watching it from my blog, you may need to pause my other music. I am sorry that the slides with words on them go so fast...I had more than my share of "issues" putting it together and was tired of fighting my computer (not that I ACTUALLY would have known how to fix the problem!), so this is what you get. Enjoy!

**Ahh, that may have been a "teaser"...I'm not sure if my link works or not...if you want to watch it and you cannot, please let me know by either emailing or leaving a comment...darn technology!**

From Chicago Slide Show


http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cu8PlDuxrJgRIokaOSS7Rw?authkey=Gv1sRgCIm5seihx__bag&feat=directlink

Since the quotes go by WAY too fast, I decided to go ahead and "list" them here. It will also be nice for me to have them all in "one place" for future reference!
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." ~Anais Nin

"I don't believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents." ~Pablo Picasso

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

"Hugs are the universal medicine."
"In the sweetness of friendship, let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures." ~Kahlil Gibran

"Never go on trips with anyone you do not love." ~Ernest Hemingway

"That is the best--to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny." ~Gloria Vanderbilt

"The world would be so lonely, in sunny hours or gray. Without the gift of friendship to help us every day." ~Hilda Brett Farr

"Life is to be fortified by many friendships. To love and to be loved is the greatest happiness of existence." ~Sydney Smith

"Happiness is time spent with a friend and looking forward to sharing time with them again." ~Lee Wilkinson

"Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours." ~Ludwig van Beethoven
____________
Just a couple additional quotes that didn't make it into the slide show (since I spent a good portion of the day looking up quotes, I may as well share them!)

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live."

"A laugh is a smile that bursts." ~Mary H. Waldrip

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~Bernard Meltzer

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails