Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lotsa Thoughtsa

Yesterday and today were "full", but not exactly "busy"...meaning, there is no reason that I didn't finish the "organizing" that I started.

I mentioned on Saturday that Kelly was having some twitter/blog issues. It got even uglier yesterday and ended with her shutting down her twitter account. I didn't get as many of the nasty emails as other people did, but my heart just hurt for her and her friends. It is so sad that people can be so cruel. I am, however, thankful that my twitter account doesn't have a link to my blog and it didn't seem like any of my "twitter friends" were targeted by this person.

Yesterday afternoon, I met with my Spiritual Director for nearly two hours. Our session is only supposed to be one hour, but I just kept talking and she let me go...she's awesome (she's technically still doing her practicum, but she is great!) We prayed for Kelly, among other things. I talked to her about my "financial situation" and how I am trusting that things will work out the way they are supposed to. We discussed the fact that I'm (slowly) reading Strong Women, Soft Hearts and how much that book is challenging me. She encouraged me to continue reading and spending time in prayer/reflection and journal my responses to the questions posed in the book/on the site. I will do that...eventually. I also mentioned that I really want to read "Plan B" by Pete Wilson and have been trying to win a copy since I probably shouldn't buy one at this time. We had SUCH a great conversation (well, me doing most of the talking!) I "mentioned" my upcoming date and also how SUPER excited I am about going to see Ginger and meet her family (and showed her this post on blog friends becoming real friends). Lots and lots of talking and thinking and discussing...exactly what I needed :)

My dad came over after that and blew all the "twirly birds" out of the gutters at my house...I love having my parents close by and especially love a dad who is willing to climb on the roof for me! My softball team played at 9:30 last night which is SO late that I was able to watch the entire episode of The Biggest Loser before I left for the game! We had to borrow a player from another team, but she was REALLY good, we played well, and we won 14-12 (we only scored about 6 runs in the previous two games combined!!)

Today was the "date". To be honest, I was so "wired" when I got home from my game last night, I didn't go to bed until 2:00 AM. I forced myself to get up and go to Curves so I wasn't sitting at home getting more and more nervous about my lunch date. Of course, my insecurity started big time last night when I was feeling terribly unattractive and not at all excited about wearing a skirt and trying to look cute while refraining from saying anything stupid. By the time I actually left for the date, I was happy with my hair and make-up and thought my outfit choice was a good one. Some happy thoughts/prayers via twitter definitely helped :)

I thought that I was at a disadvantage in this whole "blind date" thing because I was told he had seen me after Mass on Ash Wednesday. However, I found out right away that this was not the case, so that helped. Since I'm sure my three readers want to know, he didn't seem THAT tall and is thin but not "skinny". He has brown hair and grayish-blue eyes. His teeth are intact...and straight :) He has a boat and likes being out on the water. He hates the cold and really would like to live in Phoenix. He has one sister, but he "doesn't talk to her that much...about twice a week..." His parents are divorced and his dad is remarried. Sometimes he goes to Mass with his sister. He lives about a mile from me. He did have to leave for a little bit of time in the middle of lunch since his boss called, but that gave me time to collect my thoughts :) (And, in case for some reason I need to remember this later, he got the black and blue chicken salad and I had tilapia with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables...ha ha!) He told me where he wants to go to dinner "the next time". So, that sounds like I could POTENTIALLY lose my title of "the one date wonder"!

My sister colored my hair and I love it, as always :) It is so awesome that my sister can do hair and I always get compliments on it :) I had to get it done before my trip because I'm thinking I'd like to "let" Ginger take a photograph (or two or three...ha!) of me when I'm there visiting. (That's my "one request" besides going to a baseball game...oh, and white pizza and steak salad...can ya tell I'm excited about this?!)

I haven't posted a picture of my nephew in a while...that kid cracks me up! Any time he hears music he dances. He is taking lots of steps on his own, but isn't quite walking everywhere. His first tooth is almost through. I love him! :)



Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails