Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tired AND Cold

On days that I work, my alarm goes off at 5:30. I usually "snooze" until at least 6...and on nice weather days I have pushed the limits to see how late I can leave and still be on-time for a 7:00 start (6:45 is cutting it close, but I haven't ever clocked in late...oh how much I love living close to work!)

The forecast last night said "snow by sunrise"...I had no clue if that meant I'd be shoveling before work or not...pretty vague forecast if you ask me!

So, my alarm went off at 5:30, I took a peek outside, saw my driveway was dry, and went back to sleep. At 6:00, I took another peek. Still no snow, so I got ready as usual, and while I SHOULD have left early "just in case", it was pretty close to 6:40 when I opened the garage and discovered it had started snowing...oops!

My short drive to work was fine, but I wasn't that excited about the drive home since the forecast was that it would snow all day. And snow all day it did! Today was SUPER slow and 12 1/2 hours felt like FOREVER! Of course, I would never say the words "bored" or "boring" because I'd rather not go into super crazy busy mode, but it being that slow made it even harder to stay awake and focused. Plus, knowing it was cold and snowy REALLY made me wish I was at home in bed or snuggled up with a blanket on the couch!

The shift FINALLY ended and the roads weren't nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be (of course, it IS only a 1.2 drive without any bridges, overpasses, or highways...ha!) I actually even made it up and into my garage without having to get out to shovel first. This turned out to be extra good because it was COLD out there! At the time, I think it was 9 degrees with a windchill of -11, so I came inside to "layer up" before going out to shovel. Brrr... So, I took a nice hot shower, put on some warm clothes, and am heating up my bedroom with a space heater while I "blog" and get ready for bed :o)

Tomorrow the forecast is for a high of 5 (with a low of -15...and that does NOT include "wind chill"). But, that has NOTHING on Friday where the forecast is for a HIGH of -4..."arctic blast" indeed (again, that does not take into account the "wind chill factor"!)

Something tells me it isn't going to be easy to get out of my warm bed in the morning, so I'd better go get some sleep.
Good night.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I think we got your snow here...I woke up to 3 inches on the ground and 4-5 more inches still to come. Ugh, I'm dreading my drive to work tomorrow!

RAK said...

I have one thing to say:

Brrrrrr!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails