I was planning to write a post discussing how much I need to have a fire started under me to get my rear in gear and make my home more presentable (oh, and send Christmas Cards...there is still time to get them done before the end of the month!) However, I spent some time on facebook, and then on twitter, and then in Google Reader...and everyone is talking about the earthquake in Haiti. Being at the hospital all day, I was sort of "out of the loop", but ended up seeing a report that maybe 100,000 people were killed (one I glanced at now says "tens of thousands")...there is no way to know at this point I guess. How devastating...I don't really have any other words... Then, I decided to check on Nikki from
Blogs for a Cause who gave me my "first" blog makeover because I couldn't remember where she did her mission trips. I believe she goes to the Dominican Republic, but the "charity of the month" on her blog for January is an organization in Haiti called
Heartline Ministries which helps mothers and expectant mothers. And then, I noticed a blog called
"Cry Haiti". It is the blog of a pediatric nurse who works with medically fragile kids in Haiti. I read quite a few posts and it looks like it is a hospital and an orphanage. Wow is all I can say (oh, and that if I went there, it would be VERY hard to leave without a baby...) Maybe some day God will take me to a place like this to help "God's Littlest Angels", but in the mean time, they have my prayers...as do all of the people there in Haiti who are grieving, hungry, thirsty, ill, homeless...
In addition to the fundraising Nikki is doing through her blogs, I found a link to this site that is hosting giveaways with money to benefit people in Haiti.

Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment