Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, January 28, 2010

He Is With You

I'm in a "good place" right now (although I wish I had been a bit more productive during my three days "off"...but, I guess in my defense, they weren't really "days off", PLUS, it is super cold outside and napping just sounded better than cleaning/organizing!) However, I heard this song on the way home from choir practice and had to share. I think it is beautiful, and I know the words will bring comfort to people in all sorts of different circumstances. Not sure why I didn't hear it until tonight, but the way that God's timing has been these days (well, I'm sure God's timing is the same every day, but I've been noticing it being really great for ME these days...ha!) my guess is that someone (one of the very few people who reads this blog!) needs to read these words/hear this song today.



In other news (ha ha)...I've been "messing around" with my blog this week and have made some fun changes (well, I think they are fun!). I liked a lot of things about my old header, but did NOT like the picture of me...so, I had to get it off there, at least temporarily! I like the way this one turned out and it was fairly easy to do on scrapblog.com. It would have been even easier if I was creative and decisive, but I'm not :o) I wanted to try the scrolling buttons since I have been "envious" of the scrolling buttons on Ginger's blog for "forever". She shared her "secret" with me...sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com and I decided to give it a try. It may need some work, but for now, it's fun.

Today was another busy day...four hour class this morning, a little bit of laundry and dishes, a work out and basketball game this afternoon, and choir practice tonight. Back to work the next two days. Apparently, the floor filled back up, so I'm not anticipating a call in the morning asking if I want to stay home. As nice as it would be to stay in a warm bed on an unexpected day off, I will have to decline the offer so I can save my PTO for my vacations :o)

Time for bed. Good night.

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

Love the new look! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails