Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, January 14, 2010

About that "fire"...

Well, I will say that I at least felt a "candle", which is a start, but nowhere near the "bonfire" that must be required to get my rear in gear. Okay, so maybe it wasn't THAT bad, but I definitely could have accomplished more today than I actually did. I no longer have to tip toe my way to the couch (although that area isn't COMPLETELY clear, it is much improved). I also have a fairly clear pathway to my bed. I woke up coughing and congested, so I washed my sheets to get rid of any "bugs" that were there (considering how much time I've been spending in my bed, I thought that was a good idea!) I finally put away the laundry that had been sitting on my couch for who knows HOW long! There are no longer dishes in the sink (take that back, I think there is a cup or two). I had a meeting at work this afternoon. After today, I only have to lead two more meetings. I have to say it has been a good experience even though it stresses me out SOOOO much (today there were seventeen people there, including the Executive Director!) I have heard that I do a good job, but the conversation definitely got pretty heated at the end (and I had to work to keep people focused and stop some "side bar conversations") All in all, though, I would call it a successful meeting. I put on nice clothes and my boots (that I'm REALLY glad I bought...I never dreamed I would wear them this often!) and did my hair and make-up. I tried using "looking cute" as an excuse to not go to Curves. But, I decided that there really was no reason to walk around my house in my nice clothes and boots anyway (especially since had I stayed home, I needed to clean!) so off I went. It did actually feel good to work out, so I'm glad I went.

Well, I work tomorrow, so I should head to bed. Not sure I can expect there to be any "fire" when I get home from a 12-hour shift, but maybe I can at least clear off the couch so I could lay down if I wanted (sad that I have a giant sectional and there is barely room for me to sit on it!)

I entered a couple of the "Hope for Haiti" raffles today. It looks like more contests were added throughout the day. It's really great to see so many people reaching out to the people there (I saw that over 5 million dollars was donated to the Red Cross [in one day] from a "texting" thing that was set up where $10 was donated per text...awesome!)

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails