Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Love Yourself

So...I'm really actually in a "good place" right now, but this still seems apropos. One of the things the counselor suggested at our last meeting was to stop myself from negative thinking with positive thoughts. I am me and it is okay...it is MORE than okay, actually, it is great! That has kind of been a running theme--get to know myself, be myself, be okay with my unique self, be happy despite the fact (or because of the fact!) that my life at 30 is not at all what the crystal ball would have said at 20 (or 25!). This life I am living is filled with blessings I never could have considered or anticipated, so only could come from God because it definitely isn't the way I would have written the story!

I suppose some of this stems from the tear-filled episode of The Biggest Loser I just watched. It also could be from the story a girl I know shared with me this evening that she has never even shared with her family. Could be that a "blog friend" is struggling with the way things in her life are going since they aren't exactly as planned (well, I think that EVERYONE I know has experienced or is experiencing the "this is not really how I thought my life would go" because no one writes struggles and tragedy into their own stories...at least I don't think people do!) I also got the first two quotes in my inbox yesterday and heard the Olivia Newton-John song on my iPod recently too (I really like her CD "Grace and Gratitude"...I may need to share another one soon! Too bad that YouTube video is just images of Olivia and is kind of weird, so that's why I just posted the lyrics!) Yes, we are to love our neighbor as our self, but we also have to love ourselves :o)

"Contrary to popular thinking, being worthy isn't something you earn, it's something you recognize." ~Mike Dooley

"Your worth is not established by teaching or learning. Your worth is established by God. Nothing you do or think or wish or make is necessary to establish your worth." - from 'A Course In Miracles'


Learn to Love Yourself (Olivia Newton-John)
YouTube Video
You’re hurting, uncertain
Alone again
Still searching for someone
But so afraid

And you’ll try for love
And you’ll cry for love
‘Til you learn to love yourself
And you’ll lie for love
And you’ll die for love
‘Til you learn to love yourself..

The answer is sleeping
Inside your heart
True love that you long for
That’s where it starts

And you’ll try for love
And you’ll cry for love
‘Til you learn to love yourself
And you’ll lie for love
And you’ll die for love
‘Til you learn to love yourself…

Breathe it out and breathe it in
Trust the light that shines within
Let it burn ‘til you learn to love yourself
Breathe it out and breathe it in
Trust the light that shines within
Let it burn ‘til you learn to love yourself

Love will lead you home…

Love will lead you home…

Love will lead you home…

Breathe it out
Breathe it in
Trust the light that shines within

Well, I didn't get up until REALLY late today and then was very unproductive. I am bringing my car in for an oil change/"winterizing" at 8:30. So, I won't be working at home while my car is being worked on. Then, my sister invited me to lunch which I may or may not be able to do, depending on how long my car takes. She asked me to baby-sit while she gets a mani/pedi. She is going to bring him here, so maybe I will be able to do some cleaning while he is here...maybe!

Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for directing me to that little clip. It was more than beautiful. I'm struggling with our new "normals" and still clinging to our hopes and dreams for Ashley Kate. I know these new "normals" are only temporary in her life and that they will not define who she is. Still my "mommy's" heart hurts over anything that causes her to appear different. She is so much more than what she may or may not seem to some. I love her so very much and her beauty still takes my breath away. Anyway, I know you love her too and that blesses my heart more than you will ever know. Thanks for seeing her through eyes like mine. I love ya for that. Take care. Trish

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails