Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Growing Up

Today I could NOT get myself out of bed to make it to 11:00 Mass (if I want to sing in the choir I should be there by 10:40 and that was not happening!) But, I rolled myself out of bed to make it to noon Mass at another nearby church. After church, I was pretty productive, but for some reason I chose to organize things from under the stairs rather than pick up the junk that is scattered around my living room! Oh well, there is still time before I start letting people into my house :o)

We had "family dinner" (tuna casserole...my brother-in-law's favorite!) I think my nephew grew while we were gone and he talked and talked all through dinner...it was SO cute! The day I helped my sister clean, I found this little blanket in one of the drawers. I bought it for her from etsy and thought my nephew would like it. Once she gave it to him, she found out that he doesn't like it, he LOVES it! So, I snapped a picture and plan to send it to the woman who made it :o)



After dinner (and birthday cake...yum!), I walked up to my high school to see closing night of the fall musical. They were doing Funny Girl and I was looking forward to seeing it (the shows are GREAT and I knew that some of the girls I performed with this summer would be in the cast). I did NOT know that one of the girls was going to have the lead role (Barbra Streisand's role...I have never seen it though). She did GREAT!! That show has a lot of solos!

During intermission, this girl made a point to come see me, which I thought was really sweet. She lives up the street from my parents. Her family was the first family I started baby-sitting when I was eleven or twelve. At the time, there were four children, the youngest of which was only a couple months old (crazy!) That baby is a freshman in college now, so it was a couple years before this one came along. I always tell her she is my "favorite", but the truth is that ALL of those kids are great (it was that amazing baby-sitter they had, right?! ha!) She is a sophomore in high school and on the dance team. So, I think I am going to go to the volleyball games on Tuesday night and watch her perform. (I definitely went for the no make-up/throw my hair back/wear the t-shirt I wore for cleaning look for the evening...nice, I know...but it's an all-girls' school...ha!)




Well, since it is after 11 and I have to work in the morning for the first time in like nine days, maybe ten, I should go to bed. That 5:30 alarm comes early, especially after a day when 11 was hard enough!


Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails