Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A little of this, a little of that

I did a lot of stuff today, but have to type fast since it is nearly 11:30 and I work tomorrow!

I brought my parents to the airport at 8:30. I then went and worked out for the first time in a couple weeks. I stopped by the movie theater to get a gift card for my brother-in-law's birthday. I painted the first coat of a shelf for my play room. I organized the Barbies and dolls (that took me a lot longer than it should have, but I enjoyed looking at all the stuff I used to play with!). I talked to one of my friends from the hospital I hadn't talked to in a while. She went on a much needed vacation and seems to be doing better. Hopefully we can get together soon. I talked to one of my high school teachers and she is going to invite some of the other teachers to our reunion for me (I didn't help with the planning and no one invited them!). I helped out at a Child Life Beach Party at the hospital for a couple hours which was really fun. I stole one of the patients who is outpatient right now and held her for a long time (I think her mom may have been a little worried I actually was going to steal her!). My softball team played the same team we played last week. Last week we lost 0-20 after the "mercy rule" went into effect after 30 minutes. Today we played the entire 60 minutes and lost 12-13, so MUCH better and MUCH more fun!

Okay, so I was productive, but I had a LOT of other ideas of what I should have gotten accomplished today. I have Thursday and Friday off, so will work on the rest of my house then, but for now the basement looks pretty darn good!

Back to work tomorrow...I hope I can get my patients back from yesterday. I'll have to get there early! Good night!

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

You are doing great and I am glad to hear the basement is complete. What a feeling of accomplishment and I am looking forward to the pictures to prove you aren't bluffing:)!!! Keep being who you are, I know it blesses others.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails