I left the TV on all night listening to the coverage of the storms. So, my sleep was kind of crazy (I'm pretty sure I dreamt about the stuff they were talking about on TV). However, after waking up multiple times through the night, somehow I slept until nearly 11...oops, didn't mean to do that! I moved VERY slowly this morning, and didn't accomplish nearly as much as I needed/wanted to. I put a second coat of paint on a shelf for the play room, so hopefully that is enough coats and I can put it in there tomorrow, and then put the "bins" I bought on the shelves. I bought an "activity table" to go with the two little chairs I bought at a garage sale. Laurie, I PROMISE one of these days I will get that finished and make a slide show of the "play room project"!
I am going to have a "jewelry party" at my house two weeks from today. That will be a good incentive to get things organized! Unfortunately, the girl came late dropping off the invitations, so I didn't get to go work out this afternoon. Oh well, it isn't like I'd be able to lose any weight before tomorrow anyway...
This weekend is my 10-year High School Reunion. I am SO excited, although quite annoyed at myself for not having made some kind of scrapbook (ten years apparently was NOT enough time to do that!). I spent quite a bit of time searching my parent's house trying to even FIND where my stuff is. I found a few things, but not exactly what I wanted (I had these two binders that had probably had EVERY SINGLE program or Mass we had those four years. I also had our final newspaper that had what we thought we would be doing in 10 years...I SO wanted to find that paper!). Tomorrow night we are having "Girls Night" at a Mexican restaurant. That isn't until 6:30, so I suppose I can see what I can put together as far as "high school memorabilia" goes. I think my mom "cropped" all the photos and they are in envelopes. I don't really want to mess up that system, but it would be nice to have something to bring with me (especially since I think I WAS the one who took the most pictures during high school!).
I did find a note I gave to all of the girls in my class at our Senior Retreat. Our class motto was "Always shoot for the moon, for even if we miss, we'll still land among the stars". I included this poem that I don't really remember having, but it seems very appropriate for what has been going on with me.
THE SECRET OF LIVING
Make each day a magnificent adventure,
Accept the challenges that come your way,
Seize each opportunity that you find,
Without concern for what others might say.
Experience each day with open arms,
Savoring both victory and strife,
Welcoming the good and bad together,
For only then will you know the joy of life.
I just remembered that I have clothes in the wash from earlier. I need one of the shirts for tomorrow, so probably should take care of that! It's almost 11:30 anyway, so good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment