I guess that is a fitting title...sometimes I have a hard time with the title (okay, a LOT of times I have a hard time with the title...probably at least partially since I don't always know what I will type!).
Today was "nice". I got to sleep in, but made it to Curves to work out. I did get "weighed and measured" and was not happy with the results, but not at ALL surprised (since I started working out there in November of 2003 I have gained 7.5 pounds and gained 7.5 inches...I don't think they will put me in any of their advertisements!). I suppose if you don't go to the work out place regularly and don't eat a very healthy diet, then you do not lose weight or inches!! Go figure! Of course, there have been times that I have been "smaller" than I am now and at least I have a starting place to go from (you aren't supposed to carry your "winter weight" and add a few pounds for the summer!). Anyway, enough about that...however, it was EXTRA good that I went to Curves today...
because when I was leaving, I looked across the parking lot at the Goodwill (we usually look out the window occasionally while working out to see if anyone brings any cool things there). I noticed a car that looked like my aunt's...and a person who kind of looked like my aunt...wait a second, it IS my aunt!! She said that she had never been to that Goodwill, and would not have been there at that time or in that area of town were in not for certain errands/delays. As my mom would say, it was "serendipity"! My aunt figured she was "meant" to run into me (she lives about 20 miles from where we found each other!), so she took me out for brunch. That was fun! They are working on their basement and were meeting with the City Council tonight about the flooding that occurred last week at their home. I need to set aside time during one of my days off to go help.
I got my lawn mowed and watered my flowers. I attended the visitation for my former classmate's dad this afternoon. He passed away on Sunday morning. I visited with her for a while and met her husband. They live in Washington DC, but she has been here for a couple weeks and will stay until the weekend. I'm not sure if we will be able to get together again before she leaves, but it was nice to "reconnect" while she was in town (even though it was not for a very happy reason, except for the fact that her father is now in Heaven). One of our other classmates arrived at the visitation while I was there. Her father passed away a couple years ago, so they shared some tears. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to my dad...hopefully I won't have to think about that for a LONG LONG LONG time!
My softball team lost our fourth game in a row. It was still fun except the other team was pretty annoying.
I didn't do anything around my house (I'm actually not sure WHAT I was doing during those hours of "down time"!). I have a LARGE mess to deal with before my party which is in nine days!
Back to work tomorrow. I have a new student starting with me. Hopefully we have a good day. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment