Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, June 20, 2008

Moving On

So, I REALLY need to go to bed since I work tomorrow and it has been a long day, so this will be a "mostly pictures" entry. Today was the last day for one of our transplant fellows. I was happy to attend her party after I got off work. I am SO sad that she is leaving!! Somehow I managed to hold back the tears, but it definitely was hard for me! She is SO sweet and SUCH a great person AND surgeon. She ALWAYS made a point to talk to me whenever she came to the floor. She was always VERY respectful to the nursing staff, which is always appreciated. She listened whenever we voiced concerns or had different ideas about "the plan". Even when you KNEW she was exhausted from days of not sleeping she had a smile on her face, or at least you could sense the inner smile :o) While I am SO happy for her to be done with her fellowship, and her opportunity to be a staff surgeon at another facility, I am going to miss having her around. I thought about erasing some of these "not-so-good" photos (especially the one that I do not know the other people who decided to be in our photo!), but decided that was the "moment". I wish I had pulled my shirt down a little bit so the "rolls" aren't as evident, but I didn't want to take her away from the party for too long. I'm definitely glad it worked out for me to attend the party. I enjoyed talking to some of the other members of the transplant team while I was there. None of the surgeons could come since they were in the process of completing the fourth pediatric transplant in two days, in addition to however many adult transplants. It's a bit crazy around here in the transplant world!

Me with one of my "A-team" members on the transplant team.
I just love her :o) We were able to visit at the party, and that's probably
why I stayed so long. Still not a very good picture of me...I REALLY need
to do some working out (and diet watching!).

Good night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails