Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Blah

Just realized yesterday was my 250th post...I missed it, but WOW! That's a lot of "writing about nothing"!!

Last night's storm turned into a tornado. So, after tossing and turning to finally fall asleep, I was awakened to sirens at 2:30 AM. For some reason, only one of the news stations was doing live coverage of the storm. I was VERY tempted to stay in bed considering I had to work this morning. However, the fact that a VERY large tree hovers over my bedroom, I decided I didn't want to chance being "that girl"...you know, the one who gets hit by a tree while sleeping in her bedroom while the alarms for a tornado are going off. So, I grabbed a flashlight, a radio, two pillows, and a blanket and headed down to the basement. Since the "play room" does not have a couch, I camped out on the floor for an hour or so. Then I went back to bed for a couple hours before I had to get up for work.

My stomach has been kind of "queasy" or "achy" or something crazy, so I feel pretty "blah". My neck and back that had STARTED to get better is back to hurting. Sleeping on the floor did NOTHING to help that, even if it was for a short time. I just did not feel well, so nearly jumped at the chance to go home early from work (8 patients, 5 nurses...someone had to leave!). My only stipulation was that I'd get my one patient back tomorrow (I had her yesterday and today...I sent home four patients in two days). She is SO sweet! Of course I HAVE to get "tuned in" to the emotional side of my patients. Sometimes I wish it weren't that way, but guess that must be the way God made me! This patient is a young teenager who is dealing with her first hospitalization without her mom who passed away suddenly a couple months ago. Today she made reference to her mom a couple times, so I KNOW she is missing her. I talk to my mom pretty much every day and would want her there if I were ever in the hospital. This girl is SO strong and it is so amazing to me.

So, I got home around 3:00 and finished watching my movie. I fell asleep around 5 and was to have dinner with my family at 6, but didn't wake up until almost 7...oops! I still feel kind of "blah", but did eat dinner and a cupcake :o) Hopefully I won't have any trouble falling asleep since I took such a late nap.

I hope I get out of this "funk" soon. I think my friend with the baby picked a good week to be gone, because I would not have been very good for her. She will be back tomorrow with her girls.

Well, this crabby girl needs to go to bed. Sleep can do wonderful things, right?! :o) Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails