Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Who Needs a Wedding?

I can't believe I missed my 700th post!! I went to write this one and noticed that my last post was number 702...so, for "future reference", if my calculation was correct and the last post was, indeed number 702, then that should make this post number 700. 700 posts is a lot, but I don't necessarily think that means I have SOMETHING to say, just that I say things a lot ;o)

Back to the title of this post...I was SO excited to get that 5 AM call to see if I wanted to the day off work. Absolutely, positively, YES! And then I slept until like 10:15. I didn't get as much done around the house as I should have, but hopefully I am "recovered" since my aunt is coming over around 8:30 to help me figure out how to decorate my living room (hopefully she doesn't want to help me organize anything else because I'm not feeling THAT motivated!) I was planning to write my thank you notes today, but that didn't happen either (I do have clean laundry and ran the dishwasher, but that's about it!)

However, when I was organizing things, I realized that I got quite a lot of "wedding" type gifts. I got shelves that may or may not go in my living room. I got a 20 piece Pyrex set. I got a set of picture frames in all different sizes. I got a 107 piece flatware set with service for TWELVE (soup spoons, regular spoons, salad forks, dinner forks, knives, etc.) I also got towels, a soap dispenser, a soap dish, and a toothbrush holder. Seriously, I don't need to get married...I have everything I need! Plus, having my piano was an awesome Christmas present to myself (and also kind of a "grown up" gift ;o) ) Of course, I also did get some socks, gift cards, jewelry, and hair product. (I know, listing all these things, I know that I am "quite" spoiled, but they also are all "practical" gifts that will be useful for a very long time.)

Today was a "basketball day". I went and watched 1 1/2 games at my high school alma mater (there are three more games tomorrow, so maybe I can go to a couple more!) and then to a college game with my parents. Yesterday, when I went to the game, the woman at the gate asked for my student ID (I told her I was "old" and paid the adult price...ha!) Today, I started talking to one of the moms toward the end of the game and she asked if I was a parent...ha! (I think she was being overly cautious, but yesterday I was wearing glasses and no make-up and today I had my contacts in and did put on a little bit of make-up...still funny though!)

Well, I should pick up a little bit more before I go to bed because I can't let my aunt come into this disaster. I typed this post on my netbook because my lap top froze before I left for the basketball game. It was still frozen when I returned, so I shut it off. I have tried multiple times to turn it back on and it only comes back to black. I'm really hoping that it just needs a good night's rest and will be working perfectly in the morning (and then I can make sure I have backed up all my files!). I was getting frustrated with the sound because it was starting to "skip" again. I have already brought it in two or three times with that problem which really stinks...but at least the only problem was the sound...

Good night.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

You got the best kind of gifts!! When I was living alone in my apartment years ago, that is what I depended on! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

by the way, you have a laptop AND a netbook AND a desktop? Whew. And I am still saving up for a laptop! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails