This morning was the monthly meeting that I "lead". It was kind of stressful for some reason today. I hear that I do a good job (and I DO try very hard to do a good job!), but I'm not sure people realize how much it takes out of me to do it. Some meetings go better than others, but today I was definitely sweating. It was, however, nice to come home and not have "making the agenda" on my list of things to do. Being the chairperson has been a growing experience for me, but think I will enjoy handing over that job in April!
This afternoon, I had an eye doctor appointment. It was a quick check and then I was off to the cable company. They had offered me a promotion for digital cable a few months back. I pretty much watched NBC exclusively until Medium moved to CBS and now I've watched Three Rivers a couple times. Occasionally I will watch some sports on ESPN (or baseball on WGN or TNT), but that's about it. But, I was "sucked in" and went for it...and then kept it around much longer than I should have since I still rarely ventured off those channels even though I was paying for them. Apparently today was the day to go to the cable store because there were like fifteen (mostly sketchy looking) people there...good thing it was early afternoon! I also thought I was paying quite a bit more than I should be for the basic things so they helped me with that. I managed to knock about $40 off my bill which will definitely help! Yesterday I called the gas company because I am on a level payment plan and noticed a $300 credit on my last bill. I asked if I could get a check for a portion of that credit because that definitely would help too! I had to stop the level payment plan for 3 months, but it should be okay. I realize that my gas bill will be higher now that it is cold, but it will work out.
From there, I went to Kohl's to get a shirt to wear to the Christmas concert I was attending with my mom and two of my aunts. It was MUCH colder today (we even had some "flurries") and in the end I decided against wearing a skirt, but it was nice to have a "festive" shirt. Since no one in my family has our trees up, I was hoping there would be a tree there that I could use as a "back drop" for my Christmas picture. Last year, I made a collage and I liked that (since, even though I'm happy being single, I still think that it would look silly to have one or two pictures on one of those photo cards...the collage looked much better in my opinion!) I have ideas of other pictures to go in the collage, but needed a "Christmas" one to add.
Thankfully, my mom was up for the task of snapping my picture in front of this Christmas tree at the music hall. Now, I just have to decide which one...and then see if I have more luck with my photo editing skills than I did yesterday! After I saw the first picture (which, to me, looks like one of those poses that pregnant women do when they take pictures of their belly each month...yeah, not going to use that one!), I asked my mom to take pictures more of my face. And, I tried some "sillier" poses, but I never think I look good in those kinds of pictures...people say I "crack them up", but I think I just look stupid when I try to make goofy faces/do silly pictures...maybe I just haven't had the right photographer who can make me not look stupid when I'm trying to be silly ;o) Since I'm not sure WHEN I will have another opportunity to get my picture taken in front of a tree (when I actually did my hair and make-up and am wearing a "festive" shirt), I will need to use one of these pictures in my Christmas card picture collage...feel free to cast a "vote" if you want. I'm thinking this year I may write a Christmas letter too (since 2009 was filled with all sorts of fun and exciting things!)
I am meeting my grandma at 1000 to help her shop for my family, so I'd better head to bed. I'm making good progress on my Christmas gifts, and maybe tomorrow I will pull out some Christmas stuff...maybe!
Good night.
[edited to add...I attempted "Picnik" again and came up with this--not too bad I guess! Still keeping my "day job"...ha!]

No comments:
Post a Comment