Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Catching Up

I think I slept for more than 10 hours last night and then took just over a 3 hour nap this afternoon (after I got up and went to church). I could have slept all night long, but we were having our family Christmas this evening (it was supposed to be this afternoon, but my sister and brother-in-law were gracious enough to alter their plans and go to a movie while I was sleeping instead of going to one tonight). I paid someone my parents know from church $40 to clear my driveway tonight, so hopefully tomorrow I will be able to leave my house in my own car if I want. I am so grateful to have family and friends that were willing to chauffeur me everywhere I needed to go (mostly work!) the past four days, but it will be nice to become independent again. My house is a complete disaster since I have hardly been here. I need to thoroughly clean the kitchen floor after my coffee spill last week. I need to spot clean and vacuum the carpet in the living room after all the snow-covered shoes that have walked on it. I'm fairly certain I have clothes in the dryer (hopefully none in the washer!) I'm about to head to bed since I'm STILL tired even after all that sleep. I have tomorrow off, so hopefully I can catch up on some of those things that need to be done since I work on Tuesday (two days off after last week doesn't feel like enough...so, if I am offered the day off, I may take it!)

That's it...still tired, but not nearly as crabby (everyone is happy about that!)
Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails