This week we had terrible weather...the worst in YEARS! People cancelled Christmas with family. Some nurses from my floor couldn't make it back to work today since some major roads are closed. There were blizzard-like conditions and the snow lasted for a long time. It is really not fun to have a white Christmas like that when you are a grown up and work at a place that does not close for the holiday. Let's just put it bluntly "it sucks". Ok, so I'm super lucky that my dad drove me to work yesterday morning, picked me up, and brought me back again today after I spent the night there. However, I'm not sure how I'm EVER going to get to leave my house in my car any time soon...
View from my front porch...nice.
And that snow on the driveway is MUCH more than a "dusting"...
anyone want to come help shovel?!
Yeah, SO not fun...tomorrow morning will be interesting (my mom did say she would pick me up and take me to Mass, but hopefully I can also get a ride home so I can spend some time here before we do our family Christmas...after five 12-hour shifts this week, I REALLY just want to be home!)
And, since I'm already crabby and "ranting", how about that the snow definitely didn't make the experience of Christmas in the hospital any better. Only about half of the patients on my floor had parents come "visit" them yesterday. Yeah, Christmas in the hospital WITHOUT your mom or dad. Just imagine how much fun it is to be the nurse of the one, five, eight, ten year old patient who are just sad because their parents aren't there to celebrate Christmas with them. Okay, so I'm "sure" the parents were sad to miss Christmas too, but it was a rough day for all of us stuck in the hospital on the Blizzard Christmas of 2009...
I had noodles with cheese for dinner again tonight and really should have gone to bed hours ago...
I'm tired and crabby, but not NEARLY as cute as him, so I'd better catch some zzz's...it's going to take some muscle to clear that snow (oh, that reminds me that my dad high-centered his Highlander this morning when we were leaving and my multiple attempts to push it out of the snow bank were futile and left me with some pretty sore muscles...nice!)
Yeah, I'd better go to bed. Good night!

1 comment:
I.want.that.snow.over.here!
Post a Comment