Your Elf Name Is: Holly Mince Meat |
![]() Son of a nutcracker! |
I do find it interesting that I did this SAME quiz last year with the result "Stubby Candy Cane Lips"...apparently your "Elf Name" does not stay the same from year to year...
Today, like Tuesday, I was SO thankful to have the day off work. I have gotten into a bad habit of rolling out of bed at 6:00 and leaving for work at 6:40 for a 7:00 start time. Tuesday's snow was pretty light and didn't take that long to clear, but it still would have required an earlier wake-up time. The weather we got last night was a couple inches (okay, maybe an inch and a half) of ice followed by about that much snow. It was SO hard to clear off the driveway (but it sounds like I am "lucky" that my car goes in the garage at night!). My whole body was sore and I only cleared a path for my car and the front steps. It was SO heavy, and took some muscle to get down to the sidewalk even with "ice melt". SO not fun, but again, it would have been MUCH worse if I had needed to do it before going to work a 12-hour shift!
I finally left the house around 12:30 to go shopping with my aunt and cousins. I nearly got stuck on the roads out of my neighborhood, but once I made it out of there, the roads were just wet (schools were called off, and the snow stopped some time in the night, so the crews were out in full force clearing roads). I had a good time with my relatives, but apparently didn't stay with them QUITE long enough! I got to the tiny side road that leads to my house and got stuck as I turned the corner. I was FIVE houses away from my house and could not reach it! I tried calling my mom, but in her effort to "cut back", she got rid of call waiting and the line was busy. I called her cell phone about ten times without any luck. My dad's cell phone was off. I had purchased a shovel and ice melt on my way home so just started shoveling the street to see how far I would get...
I decided to try and call my parents' neighbor to see if she was home. She was, and I asked if she could go knock on my mom and dad's door and let them know I was stuck. She said, "actually, I am on the phone with your mom!" I said, well ask her to come rescue me! As soon as I hung up, I looked up the hill and saw a snow plow headed my way. Unfortunately, I was kind of blocking his path, but once he made it through, it would be "smooth sailing" to my driveway! I managed to back into a nearby driveway to allow him through and pulled up in front of my driveway (because, of course I needed to shovel the area that was now covered with the plowed snow!) At this point, my parents arrived with shovels of their own and we made "quick work"...such craziness, but I still like my Jetta :o)
So, then I had clear roads all around and could go anywhere I wanted (still not ready to try the big hill in front of my house...I even had enough common sense on Tuesday to not do that and I was definitely lacking in the common sense area that day!) After wrapping some Christmas presents, I picked up a friend and we went to the store and picked up dinner. We had a nice visit during the drive (I was thankful the roads were clear, she was thankful I was the one driving...I did ask if she was worried about riding with such a short driver, but she was just glad she wasn't the one behind the wheel!)
Exciting day, PLUS I now know that my "Elf Name" for 2008-2009 is indeed Holly Mince Meat, and I'm not sure WHAT I would have done without that information. Back to work tomorrow (sounds like more snow coming, so I'd better prepare myself to roll out of bed a little earlier!)
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment