Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hibernating

That's what I feel like I have been doing. Not only do I seem to be packing on a few extra pounds due to constantly eating, but also keep having a REALLY hard time getting out of bed. I was given the chance earlier this afternoon to take tomorrow off. That was pretty tempting, but I think it will probably be good for me to get out of bed and stay up for an entire day (of course, if I get another chance in the morning, I'm not sure I will be able to pass it up!)

I am sure the weather has at least a little something to do with it. We had snow twice last week, and today the predictions were for wind chills in the -25 to -35 range which is just insane! (I'm not exactly sure if that actually happened, but the thought of that just makes me WANT to wrap myself in a blanket with some hot chocolate and not move!) I'm not feeling the least bit sad, just really, really tired...and completely unmotivated.

This evening I did force myself to finish reviewing the minutes from my meeting the first week in December and making the appropriate changes. That was pretty much a necessity, but I am glad it is done.

I think I want to send a little picture collage with my Christmas cards this year, so I worked on that a little bit (I didn't just want to send a picture of myself, but it was a little tough since I haven't uploaded all my photos back onto my computer). The past couple years, I got little gifts and wrote notes to some members of the transplant team. This year is no different...except I haven't written the cards yet and forgot to get little gift bags/boxes for the gifts. Tomorrow is my last day of work until after Christmas, so I guess those, too, will be late.

Crazy that I am so behind on those things considering I had four days off last week plus got off early yesterday! I guess I've just been sitting and eating and trying to stay warm (I was rebelling against turning my heat up, but did end up setting it to 64, although it feels a bit warmer than that in my basement and I am comfortable in two shirts, two pairs of pants, and warm socks!)

I did leave the house to go to church, to a party at my aunt and uncle's house, and shopping with my mom...

Well, since I've been having such a tough time getting up, I should probably consider heading to bed a little earlier, right?!

Good night.

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Oh, I have been hibernating too and it shows around here. The cold weather is making me want to curl up in my blankie and nap, seriously. And I have given into it a few times too. Sounds like we are on the same train!!:) Here's to our motivation in the next three days!! Have a good one today.

Laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails