Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, December 14, 2008

You know it's cold...

when your nose hairs get frozen, your face hurts, and you can hardly breathe because your throat burns. I think one of my friends on facebook said it best when she was "wondering why anyone would go outside today!?" My response to that was "I agree with that...it's FREEZING!!" Too bad it was my one day off out of four and I had STUFF to do!

I went to church this morning and could hardly believe it when the director told us that at practice this week we would go over all the songs we will sing on Christmas Eve. I was wondering why we wouldn't do that NEXT Thursday, but that is CHRISTMAS! Wow, I have some shopping to do! My mom had her holiday party last night, so she came to the later service than she normally does. She and my dad usually walk to church and she said her face was hurting so bad by the time she got there and I was more than happy to give her a ride home :o)

After that, I had breakfast with my mom and did a few things at home before going on a little shopping trip with a friend. We went to Wal-Mart (I can't remember the last time I stepped foot in one of those stores willingly, but this is a new one and is actually not that scary :o) ) and picked up a few things. Unfortunately, when we were leaving, I didn't exactly remember where I had parked my car, so we were frozen a bit longer than should have been necessary...sorry!! She did buy me some soup which helped warm me up from the inside out...definitely the perfect day for soup.

Today was my hospital's Christmas Party. For some reason I must have thought I worked since I did not RSVP. However, when a friend said she was going I said count me in for free food and drinks :o) It was held at a really neat museum downtown that has a gigantic Christmas tree and tons of exibits. So, good food, drinks, AND scenery! I think the COOLEST thing about the party, though, were the people that were there. Not only did I see the Chief Nursing Officer and Executive Directors, but a number of staff nurses and nursing assistants along with staff from housekeeping and people who go around the hospital picking up specimens and dropping off medications (we call them "messengers"). People who earn minimum wage gathering with those who make "six figures"...isn't that the way it ought to be?! All of us received the same food, the same drinks, the same venue to "get our party on". :o) I have said multiple times how much I love the place where I work and this is yet another example of why. I saw lots of people I knew, and it was just fun to get out and be social...for a single person I don't do that nearly as often as I maybe should!

This is part of the big tree...really neat!
Well, back to work tomorrow. I'm hoping it isn't nearly as cold (although, maybe it is better to be stuck inside for thirteen hours when it is that cold outside because it isn't like I would want to go out and do anything anyway!)
Good night.

1 comment:

RAK said...

It was in the mid-60s here today. At least.

Oh, is it not nice to make you envious like that?? ;-)

P.S. This is my new blog identity...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails