Again, my "quote of the day" fits with this..."A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." ~Nelson Mandela...too bad my "good head" had a little trouble today!
Considering I didn't roll out of bed until 12:30, I am thinking I may have left my brain and common sense there! I had set my alarm for 9, but when it went off (after I fell back asleep from being aroused at 7:30 by my cell phone ringing...wrong number!) I decided I didn't want to get up. I knew it was supposed to snow overnight and didn't feel like dealing with that just to go work out :o) So, I thought about just sleeping until I woke up but figured that could be dangerous (I like my sleep!) so I set the alarm for noon. That is when I woke up and I did my usual "snooze button routine" and finally decided that 12:30 probably was late enough!
Once I got up, I made a pot of coffee and just "chilled" on the couch watching the snow fall (our first snow of the season...people always forget how to drive at the first snow, so I was thankful I didn't have to go to work today!). It was around 2:00 when I decided that shoveling was not optional if I ever wanted to leave my house. Since I had not yet showered or dressed for the day, I went outside to shovel in my pajamas (maybe the first clue that my head wasn't quite right, but it did save me a little laundry!)
I had some errands to run, but didn't leave the house until after 4:00. For some reason, I decided to take a bunch of back roads to the store. Roads that I had never tried in GOOD weather, roads that I wasn't even sure would TAKE me to the store. TOTALLY not a smart thing to try when there is snow and ice...
That store didn't end up having all the things I needed, so I had to go somewhere else. Again, I decided to drive on unfamiliar roads and nearly got stuck a couple times in neighborhoods (AND almost headed down roads that were dead ends!). I ended up making it to the busiest street in town at 5:00 right into rush hour traffic. Again, where was the common sense?! It was so busy and the roads were kind of slick so I couldn't even get to the store I originally wanted to go to (thankfully I knew where I could get what I wanted closer to home!)
After my wild adventure on the streets, I spent a couple hours visiting a friend and her daughter. That was the best part of this kind of crazy day! She definitely has a "good heart" with a very "good head" to go with it :o) a "formidable combination" indeed!
I hope it is done snowing for the day/night so the plows and salt trucks can clear the streets before I have to drive to work in the morning. I also hope I won't have any trouble falling asleep after staying in bed so late (not very likely considering how much I enjoy sleep, but always a possibility!)
Good night.
2 comments:
We've had our snowfall for the next seven years, and I don't look forward to having to drive in it ever again! I'm not worried about me - I'm worried about all the other idiots on the road!
Glad you got home safe and sound!
Sounds like an adventurous day and I am glad you made it safely. I love reading about you guys who get real WEATHER. You know like predictable seasonal stuff. Out here in Ca. if we get a light rain, people lose it on the highways. I have never seen snow fall, but I know I wouldn't want to be shoveling my way out. You did good Amanda. And I do yardwork all the time in my PJ's!:) Have a good day today.
Laurie in Ca.
Post a Comment