Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No Excuses Day 2

...is not a good title for today. Today was nearly full of them. The biggest one, which is "my story and I'm sticking to it" is that it was nearly 100 degrees and kind of humid (we are currently having a thunderstorm) and who wants to do ANYTHING when it is like that?! I surely didn't, and so I didn't.

I did make it to Curves for my second day in a row of this new work out thing. I'm hoping it works because I'm not sure how much longer I can pretend like being overweight does not bother me at all. Of course, probably eating a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's for lunch wasn't the BEST choice, but it was pretty yummy!

Just in case someone out there follows their "site meters"...yes, that was me that visited your blog 100 times this morning...yes, I may have a problem, or maybe you wrote something really cool that I had to read LOTS of times :o) Anyway, that was while I was in my "waiting" phase of the day...I COULD have been doing work around the house, but I had no idea that I'd be waiting for two hours (okay, that's my excuse, although I will not say that I would not have done the same things had I known I had two hours to work!).

I took my friend's girls to a place where you can paint pottery. The baby is doing pretty well, although he seemed pretty fussy when I saw him (again, it WAS nearly 100 degrees and he was in a car seat, plus it looks like he is teething). He pulled his feeding tube out, so I put it back down, but my friend had to put it back in since he pulled it out again on the way back to their room. NOT fun times...so it was "extra good" that I took the girls for a while. We had fun, but have to wait until next week to see how our projects turn out. I did not get any artistic or creative genes, so painting pottery isn't something that I would normally choose for an activity, but I thought they would enjoy it. It was a little stressful for me, and I'm thinking the five-year-old's looks better than mine, but I tried! It also was a little expensive to do pottery for four, but I think this was something important to do (and hope my friend isn't stressing out about paying me back for it...the oldest did see how much went onto my credit card...).

I ended up taking a short nap after the pottery/McDonald's excursion (just because I'd already messed up the "no excuses" part of the day!). My softball team WON tonight!! It was SO much fun!! I actually got on base all three times (even though only one probably would have been considered a "hit). I put my wheels on and made it to second base before the throw made it from the shortstop there (not bad, if I do say so myself!).

Well, there is quite a storm happening outside...it is only 10:00, but I'm thinking I may go to bed and listen to the thunder for a while and fall asleep to the rain...I LOVE thunderstorms!! (except ones that make trees fall...I don't need any of THAT!)

So, tomorrow I go back to work. Haven't been there since Saturday, so this was a good break!
This little one could use some prayers tonight. She is struggling with some complications after transplant, and needs all the help she can get.
Thanks. Good night.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I went to the gym for the second day in a row today, too! Go us!

Way to go in your softball game and enjoy your time off. That's what it's for! You work hard when you do work. And, by the way, I think hanging out with kids (and giving their mom a break) is a HUGE gift of your time and talents. Way to go!

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so glad you had some good time off. Aren't kids great to hang out with? This is why I love being a grandma so much. Use them for an excuse for other things not getting done!:) You did this mom a huge favor in giving her a break. This little girl you posted is just beautiful. Those eyes are huge!! I will remember to pray for her. Have a great week Amanda.

Laurie in Ca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails