So, I ended up not having to work today. That meant that, once again, I didn't get that extra money that I could use. However, it also meant that I had the day off! My sister had a party at her house this evening, so I was able to go early/on time rather than late. So, that was fun to go and support her (I did spend quite a bit of money, so it would have been nice to balance that with a bonus check, but oh well!).
I went and worked out for the third day this week. The "smart" machines told me I wasn't doing my best and need to work harder next time...I'm kind of thinking I could "hear" that more often than I should! After my work out, I went to a coffee shop with a friend from there. We visited for over an hour which was nice. I was kind of hoping I could talk about some of the issues I wrote about yesterday, but we discussed more of what was going on with her kids. Her daughter will be a sophomore this fall and is changing schools. My friend wanted her to go the the high school I went to, but she is going to attend one of the other all-girl schools, which I think is okay too :o)
I took a couple short little walks, but it was pretty hot, so didn't stay outside long. I am nearly done with my shredding project, but created a large mess in the process of organizing papers from my work committees. I ended up stopping that project so I could take care of some other work-related things. So, once again, I am surrounded by piles of papers! A "work-in-progress" for sure...I may need to have another party (or, maybe my upcoming "home study" will be enough to light a fire under me...but not a REAL fire because all these papers, well, paper and fire are not a good combination in most circumstances). I hosed down the double-stroller my co-worker gave me and left it to dry in the front yard. A thunderstorm along with a nice down-pouring of rain came rather quickly and it took me quite a while to remember that something was trying to DRY out there...so, I brought it up to the porch until the rain stopped, and I guess it will dry tomorrow!
So, it sounds like I actually had a fairly productive day. During one of my rounds of blog-checking, I was given a gentle little reminder that sometimes I need to let God be the planner and not interfere with His work, or ask too many questions about how or why He is doing things that way. He will let me know if He needs help, right?! Anyway, I remembered that I had this book mark that said something related to "being still". I don't recall where I got it, but I knew where to find it (since I HAVE been sorting through things recently!). It is simple, but good.
LET YOUR GOD LOVE YOU
Be silent.
Be still.
Alone. Empty
Before your God.
Say nothing.
Ask nothing.
Be silent.
Be still.
Let your God
Look upon you.
That is all.
He knows.
He understands.
He loves you with
An enormous love.
He only wants to
Look upon you
With His Love.
Quiet.
Still.
Be.
Let your God--Love you.
Back to work tomorrow, so I better get ready for bed. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment