Okay, so this was going to be a SUPER GREAT post! It still will be GREAT, but circumstances as they are will prevent the "SUPER" part from happening tonight.
Are you ready (all two of you who visit this blog on a regular basis)?!
The baby, yes, the one I have written about many times, including here when he was nearly too sick to be a transplant candidate, here when he received his "Gift of Life", here when his mom got to hold him for the first time post-transplant, here when he was off dialysis and the ventilator (the first time),and here when he was really done with the ventilator, is OUT OF THE HOSPITAL!!
Yes, after nearly nine months in the hospital, the baby can go wherever his mom wants to take him!! His mom is SO sweet, she decided to dress him in an outfit I bought for this special occasion. She told me she was saving it for a special day, and she couldn't think of a more special day than this. That thought brought tears of joy!
I was supposed to work today, but ended up getting the day off. So, I was thinking I'd be able to go to the Ronald McDonald House and see him once he got there. However, he didn't get discharged until around 7:00 when I was at my dad's softball game. I can't even imagine the emotions they are going through having him out of the hospital, being solely reponsible for him for the first time in his entire life! So, I decided against stressing her out and showing up unannounced at the House. (I'm sure she would have made it be "okay", but why do that to them?!)
So, I'm thinking that a picture or two (ha ha, or twenty!) were taken today with him in his special "going outpatient outfit". That would have been SUPER GREAT to post, but it can wait for another day.
Of course, with a transplant, especially the kind he had, and how sick he has been, there is always the possibility he will be sick again and have to be hospitalized. For now, though, they are going to celebrate each day he can live life as a "normal baby" just as they celebrated each day he was still with them when the outlook did not look good.
In other "exciting news", I went to Curves for the first time in a couple weeks, did a couple loads of laundry, finished my self-evaluation, sent the agenda for my Thursday meeting, and checked my email and "blogs" about a hundred times. I got to coach third base for both of my dad's games (both pretty exciting...one team lost after they came back and nearly won, and the other one won after nearly losing it). They got over just before the sky opened for another huge rain storm.
Tomorrow I get my new windows--yay, except for the part about having to pay for them! I'd better head to bed. Maybe TOMORROW I will organize my stacks of papers and send a few cards (my best friend from college has a birthday on the 10th and I haven't sent a card, or talked to her in months!).
Good night!
2 comments:
Great news! I can't even imagine what they've been going through. I'll keep them in my prayers.
We had Arizona swimmers at the Olympic trials...it was cool to hear you were there to watch them. And speaking of Nebraska, my great-grandmother lived in Lexington and we used to visit her (she died 26 years ago). We'd go to Husky's and A&W. I have good memories from that time.
Wow, this is great news. They have been through so much with this little guy, and now freedom. It is probably really scary to be responsible for his care, but God brought them this far, He will follow through. This has to be making your heart sing too.
In all of the UPs and Downs of your job, this definitely has to be an UP!! Hey, how about someday posting a picture of the front of your house? I try to picture it in my head and want to know if I am even close:) And don't worry about the yards being perfect. Who am I to ask for this right???!! I hope your week is blessed and I look forward to seeing the baby all decked out. I will keep praying for them too.
Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.
(Your Other Reader:) You bless me!
Post a Comment