I forgot to mention something that happened last night at church. I ran into a nurse who used to work on my floor. I hadn't seen her in quite some time and she is about 7 months pregnant which is very exciting. I told her about how things were going at the hospital, and also with me. When I told her I was going to take foster parent classes, I wasn't sure what she would say. Her response was "you will be in high demand". It wasn't "wow, how are you going to manage that?" or "why?" or "what about?" or any questioning, simply "you will be in high demand". I received pretty much the same response when I said something at the last young adult gathering. In fact, I have gotten some good feedback that has encouraged me to continue this process.
My parents, on the other hand, basically ignore me whenever I say anything about it. I believe that could be my biggest obstacle with this decision. My parents and I have a wonderful relationship and I depend on them for so many things. Once I have a child, I will need to depend on them even more. I NEED them on my side...I don't think I can do this without them. Luckily, there is plenty of time...I will keep praying for direction for all of us.
I managed to make it to my meeting no problem, even though I had trouble going to sleep, then I got a call at 5:30 to see if I wanted to work (of course I couldn't...I had a meeting!). It took me a while to fall back to sleep after that, so I did take a nap this afternoon. I found out at my meeting that there was some "structural issues" yesterday at the hospital that caused HUGE problems that carried over into today. They needed extra staff because patients had to be moved to different areas of the hospital. It would have been nice to get that extra $15/hr, especially since I have been having difficulties with my bills. However, it was important for me to attend the meeting, and I also had offered to take a patient's mother to the airport (she was going home for a long weekend to take care of some business...no worries, she isn't one of THOSE mothers that just leaves town and lets the nurses baby-sit [oh yes, that DOES happen!]--her husband and in-laws are here!).
As I was checking in on all my blogs this afternoon, I discovered that one of "my" patients was sick in the hospital. As the day progressed, she did not get better, and is now VERY sick and on her way back here. I was praying SO hard that she could stay close to home (especially because of the issues that happened yesterday!). I am SO sad for her family. Just a couple days ago, she was doing GREAT! I suppose that is the unpredictibility of these patients. Luckily, this family realizes that each day with their child is precious, and live that way. I guess it would be great if EVERYONE lived like that! Because, no one really knows how long they will be here on Earth. Life can change in an instant, even if you have never been sick a day in your life. Crazy accidents, unfortunate events, and tragedies happen every day...so, remember to hug your family and friends and tell them you love them; make sure those special people in your life know you think they are special :o)
Tonight, if anyone checks in on my "blog", please take a moment to pray for all those families who are on my heart tonight. I'm back to work tomorrow...it will be interesting I am sure.
"Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
(That is a little bit "random", but an excellent scripture passage for any time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment