Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, February 18, 2008

California Day Two

Today was pretty much a "hanging out" day...that's what vacations are for, right?! I slept pretty well on the futon (I kept the door closed to the room so the dogs didn't think they could come sleep with me!). I DID wake up a couple times, including about 5:30 local time, which makes sense considering that would be 7:30 home time and I got up early the past few days. I didn't get up until 8:30 or so.





We met my uncle for lunch a Olive Garden for "all-you-can-eat" salad and soup. Yummy! That was a while ago and I just started to get hungry...everyone else is watching a movie (besides my cousin who is at dinner with his basketball team).





After lunch, I sat ouside by the pool, listened to my iPod, and took a nap. It was about 60 degrees and pretty perfect, especially considering a couple weeks ago, I was dealing with THIS.





I took a couple of pictures just to show how nice of a day it was. I haven't taken any family pictures yet, but have a little time for that. I DID call work to find out about yesterday...I tried to ask questions innocently, but am not sure I succeeded. Oh well, at least I got the information that I wanted...not a "pure" vacation from, but I can't help it! I'm still having fun :o)




The view from their driveway:



The view from the restaurant parking lot:



The view from my "napping chair" (ugly toes...I know! but at least
I can wear flip-flops here!)



The view without my ugly toes:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails