5:00 AM came too soon, especially after working a 12-hour shift, and staying up until nearly 11:00. I also didn't sleep that great at my grandparents' house in a different bed.
With a few little "issues", Grandma and I made it on the plane and had a good flight (she didn't realize that when I asked her about "liquids" in her carry-on, I meant lotion, hair spray, face cream...she had all of them!). We got to my aunt and uncle's house a little before 10:00 (due to the time change). We had brunch with my aunt and cousins.
We left when it was snowing at home, so it was AWESOME to sit outside for a while, even if it was a tiny bit chilly in long sleeves and jeans. It had been a LONG time since it was comfortable to be outside for extended periods of time. I'm looking forward to a stretch of days like that! My aunt and uncle have a swimming pool, so I think tomorrow I will sit outside a LOT (although I'm not sure I'll be getting into a bathing suit!).
Grandma and I went to watch my uncle and his bowling team, which was fun. I am kind of tired, even though by California time, it is not really my bedtime, and I DID rest on the plane. My relatives have these HUGE dogs that I will have to take pictures of tomorrow (and then, maybe link to the post where I wrote about not being a pet person!).
Tonight, my heart is hurting for some people back at home. Unfortunately, it is very hard for me to leave my work at home. I am sad tonight, but don't really want to call work to see what really is going on (in an attempt to try and prevent EVERYONE from knowing that I can't go on vacation without thinking about work...I may call tomorrow if there is someone I know I can talk to without being "judged" for my feelings).
I'm being a bit anti-social...everyone else is still awake. So, I suppose I should stop my journaling and talk to my family. More from California tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment